“The luxurious face of staying in London”
Review of The Kensington

The Kensington
Ranked #33 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Staying in London is an expensive and hit and miss affair. The staff, decor and food at the Kensington Hotel all conspire to make your stay as good as it can be. Yes, my room was tiny but this is London and everything I needed was provided from an enormous flat screen TV and a very comfortable bed was there - except a desk. I've never really understoon the turn down service principle but it was good to get 2 Lily O'Brien sweets and the waether forcast at the end of a long day. Breakfast offered a wide and delicious choice. Service was pleasant and efficient. Concierge and reception staff were equally well trained - nothing was too much. The decor is lovely - very special - a real historic feel while being very comfortable.

Room Tip: ask for a desk
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HelenLytham
TheKensingtonHotel, Front Office Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear HelenLytham,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Kensington Hotel, your feedback is really appreciated. It was a pleasure to look after you and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Should you be coming to London again please feel free to contact me directly, I would be more than happy to help you choosing the most appropriate room and look after your booking for you.
Best Regards

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I have stayed several times at the Doyle Collection hotels and like them all. The quality of service, cleanliness and comfort is always high. However, the Kensington is special. The staff is extremely competent, professional, and extremely friendly. I was fortunate to have an upgrade, so the size of the room was more than adequate for a single traveler. I will stay their again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AvidTraveler987
Reviewed 3 February 2012

It is difficult to rate this hotel as there were very positive but also negative elements to our trip there.
I booked champagne afternoon tea at The Kensington for my mum and me for her birthday. We went there before the theatre.
The staff did not seem to have record of my booking when we arrived despite me calling to check the reservation.
The staff were excellent, extremely friendly , helpful and attentive. We were very impressed with their service. The hotel itself is stunning! The room we were in was beautiful and the presentation and quality of the food was also excellent.
I found it very strange however, that they did not provide napkins until we asked for them, and we had to use the same plate and cutlery for the sandwiches, scones and cakes which, considering the amount we spent, was not acceptable.
It was a lovbely experience and great service but they seem to fall down on very simple things.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Holly_CBristol

Dear Holly_CBristol,
Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise for the service received during afternoon tea, as this is not our normal standard. Please be assured that I will pass your feedback to our F&B manager. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London
Best wishes,

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Great experience , hots towels at check in, lovely rooms well fitted, really helpful staff who were almost falling over themselves to cater for all ones needs. Good location. Parked in car park listed on the website which is a short two minute walk away- expensive £35 for overnight but not untypical of London. It is not run by the hotel. Nice touch on check out was to offer a bottle of water for onward journey. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank buchanan1

Dear Buchanan1,
Thank you for writing such a nice review of the Kensington Hotel. I really appreciate the wonderful comments about our service! Should you be coming to London again please feel free to contact me directly.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Kensington Hotel very soon!
Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I had been travelling London for couple of times in the past, this is my 1st time with The Kensington and which is my best stay ever.

After a 13-hr flight, we landed at 5am on 26 Dec and was informed that the airport express and underground services were suspended due to the protest of the workers. So we headed for bus to the city.

Upon arrival at The Kensington Hotel, the hotel staff came out to welcome us and gave a hand for loading-off our baggages from the taxi.

It was 7am so I didn't expect we could get a room but leave the baggages at the lobby. Surprisingly, the frontdesk lady informed that our room is ready and we can settle down right away!

We were brought to a room on 3/F which was nicely decorated and spacious (comparing with other hotel rooms in UK), most importantly - clean!

Just a weak point to note - the walls are thin enough for us to hear any sound outside the door - no matter someone is walking pass or housekeeping service is carrying out next door.

Overall we are happy with our stay at The Kensington and would definitely come back in our next visit to London!

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank clubmanG

Dear clubmanG,
Thank you for writing this nice review of our hotel. I really appreciate all the positive feedback! Please feel free to contact me personally if you need any assistance with future reservations.
I am looking forward to your next visit to the Kensington Hotel.
Warm regards