“Truly enjoyed this room, as well as it's sister room”

Handmade Mysteries - Lady Chastity's Reserve, Farringdon
Ranked #98 of 415 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This immersive experience challenges you and friends with an hour of hilarious clue solving as you attempt to win Chastity's fabled aphrodisiac wine. Win and wet your whistle, or lose and wet your pants. The latest iteration of this game is now available at The Hope pub next to Smithfields.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We've now done this room and the Poppa Plock one, and both are absolutely amazing. I love the humor, the design, and the fabulous hosts.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"fun"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I work at an escape room myself so I'm relatively experienced in the field but I visited with my mother whom had never step foot inside one so we were a bit mixed on ability. Due to confusion and late buses we turned up 5 minutes late but there wasn't an issue and we still had to wait for Gabriel to collect us so it was much more relaxed than anticipated. We were walked up the stairs and then given our introduction, shown what we weren't allowed to touch and let loose. We got out well within the time (over 15 minutes left) and only used one of our 3 clues. The price is good and there was enough in the room to fill up the most of an hour, depending on ability, which is always a bonus as you feel like you get your money's worth. Would like to try the other room which links onto the story if given the chance.

Positives:
-Got to keep the bottle of wine at the end to take home (it was red wine)

-The theming and set dressing of the room was really nice, any modern appliances used to function the room were well hidden so you weren't distracted and felt fully immersed.

-There wasn't anything particularly challenging such as number puzzles which is good for beginners and had quite a few practical/hands on elements which I like.

- Gabriel remained in character throughout

Negatives:
-no where to lock away valuables before entering, just told to leave our coats and bags in the corridor which joint two parts of the room together and the game master was in the room adjoining the corridor separated by a curtain

-weren't asked about leaving phones outside of the room, there was no timer in the room so we weren't sure if we were allowed to look at how much time had passed or not. Gabriel told us when we were halfway but that was about it. I didn't mind that we had no timer but would have been better if it was clarified how the system worked prior to entering. We were also no asked if we had any questions and thrown right into it so didn't get much of a chance to ask and didn't want to eat into our valuable time doing so.

-Cramped corridor for introduction felt a little awkward, not sure if they do this for bigger groups but even as a team of two it was distracting and didn't feel like we could fully concentrate on the objective / narrative

-frequently given 'free clues' when Gabriel walked in the room which was slightly annoying to one sense as we were told quite a lot we were getting ahead of ourselves and should come back to things later - maybe the room should have been created to be more streamline so this didn't happen as much.

- Gabriel did not know the top time score so we didn't know how close to the record we were which was a shame

Reviewed 2 April 2018

It all felt unclear to me. I was never really sure what I was meant to be looking for. After a while I found myself switching off. It was atmospheric and well produced, though.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Really enjoyed this experience, much better than I expected. Currently looking for other similar things to go to

Review collected in partnership with this attraction