“Definitely recommend the Novotel Paddington.”

Novotel London Paddington
Ranked #254 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have stayed in most of the Novotels in London, but my recent stay at the Novotel Paddington was my first time there. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.
The rooms were the usual clean and sleek ones you expect from this chain; the double glazing ensured they were very quiet. The staff I encountered (mainly at reception and in the bar) were really friendly and helpful.
If you had heavy luggage like I did, the hotel does not seem that close to Paddington (maybe 10 minutes or so), and you do have to know where you're going, as it's tucked away in an interesting and peaceful little pocket behind the station. For the time being at least, access to this area requires negotiating your way through the ubiquitous London construction. But don't let this put you off; once you know where it is, it's a pleasant and easy walk to the hotel from the tube and Heathrow Express. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
novotelpaddington, General Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel and for the great feedback provided.
We are indeed at the back of Paddington Station and it's true that with the crossrail works around the station, Paddington is a bit of a tricky area to navigate in.
The easiest to find us is from inside the station to follow along platform 8 and take the exit on top of the stairs, leading to Sheldon Square.
Follow the canal up to Starbucks and turn left. You are now in Paddington Central and the hotel is visible at the end of Kingdom Street.

I hope to welcome you again soon and would invite you to book on the novotel website as the directions to the hotel are well signposted.

Guillaume Rapin

Write a ReviewReviews (2,527)

Reviewed 29 February 2012

The hotel is pretty close to the Paddington railway station. That's what the map says, and it's also true --- given you know exactly how to get there from the station.
Perhaps I underestimated the problem and came utterly unprepared, but it took me more than 45' with my rolling suitcase to find the hotel. I got stuck in a construction site, gave up and asked a taxi (the driver told me it's just around the corner, and didn't want to take me), tried a station exit that lead directly to a motorway (bad idea!) and finally, somehow, made it.

Once I had arrived there, the friendly lady told me the real way to get there: In Paddington station, move to the end of platform 8, go up the walkway, turn right until you hit the canal, follow the canal to the left, and you get to a newly constructed business areay. Walk between two blocks, where the Starbucks restaurant is, and then, you should see the Novotel sign. It really does only take 4 minutes. If only I had known this before!

Once at the hotel, this is a typical hotel catering to business travelers. I was staying for one night at the end of a trip, and didn't venture out too much, however, the proximity to Paddington Station allows you to get anywhere pretty easily. Note also that the Heathrow Express departs and arrives at Paddington station, so this is a good place to stay if you have to catch an early flight out.

Room Tip: The noise isolation in this hotel is pretty amazing. I had the room next to the elevator shaft, but...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Arthur_P_Dent

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel.
I am sorry to read it took you so long to find us.
I am glad to read however that you had a very pleasant experience with us and hope that you will stay with us again in the future,

For your next visit, I would recommend you to book on the novotel website as you also have very accurate description of how to get to the hotel.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Recently stayed at Novotel Paddington for business. Property is a good choice when visiting London. Very safe and convenient location within a 5 minute walk from Paddington Station. At Paddington Station, one has access to Tube lines, Heathrow Express, and regional railway service. Rooms were clean and good sized. Wireless connection was strong. A few restaurants and a Sainsbury next to hotel. Only negative feedback is access to fitness facility. You have to go to the front desk and ask for a special access card every time you want to use it. Strange and inconvenient. Otherwise, I recommend location.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank nazotraveler

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel.
I am glad to read you had an enjoyable experience and that you found the location very convenient to get around London.

Regarding your comment on access to the leisure facilities, as they are not supervised, we need to be able to account for the number of persons, which is why we have one time entry keys in operations. I am sorry that you found it an inconvenience and will look at how we can manage this in another way.

I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to London,

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed here with my husband and son last August 2011 and would definitely return again.

The room was clean and spacious and the staff were polite and sorted out the heating in the room for us very quickly.

The breakfast was beautiful and the swimming pool great.

Great quiet location and good base for visiting central London.

Definitely recommend to otherss.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
novotelpaddington, General Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the hotel.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel and facilities and hope you will return soon,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Nice hotel, friendly staff. really lovely food and clean comfortable beds.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Many thanks for your positive review about the hotel.
I hope you will choose to stay with us again soon and I would invite you to visit the novotel website to have the best rate guarantee.