The Harrison Gastro Pub and Hotel
Ranked #78 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 2 nights from the 26th Feb to the 28th Feb and we will definitely be coming back on our next trip to London.
The place is only a 5 min walk away from Kings Cross, this meant that there was little hassle finding the place after a long trip to a city we had no previous experience of.
The Harrison looks attractive from the outside and is nice and cosy inside with a traditional and relaxing pub, serving a nice selection of ales.
Me and my girlfriend loved the room (number 4), especially the very comfy bed (My girlfriend was tempted to steal a couple of the soft, plump pillows).
Because it was a weekend, we expected some noise during the night but to our surprise, there was none!
If you do stay here, under no circumstances should you skip breakfast! The Harrison does great full English breakfasts, I recommend also trying the scrambled eggs, they were easily the best I've ever had.
Unfortunately we didn't get to have lunch or dinner here, but will certainly be trying it out next time.
Two minor problems though, the shower had very little pressure and the wifi signal was very, very weak in our room, but the pros massively outweigh the cons.
Overall, friendly staff, laid back atmosphere, great little pub and all of this in a perfect central location.

Room Tip: Ask for room number 4 if you can, I think we were the furthest away from the potential noise of the...
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed here just over a year ago and enjoyed it so thought my wife and I would stay a couple of nights.
The staff were wonderful made us feel welcome and couldn't do enough for us.
The food was delightful and tasty and the room was comfortable.
The thing that let it down badly this time (room 1) was the noise. They close the front of the pub off after 10 but not the side where our room overlooked.
I expected some noise especially as the room was not double glazed but the first night wasn't too bad outside but our neighbours in room two made a racket when they left at midnight and came back At 5am. The second night we were kept awake by a crowd of people outside particularly the cackling women, until well after midnight.
Sorry Harrison but I need my sleep when staying in a Hotel/B&B and I won't be back again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank garymackem
Reviewed 15 February 2016

This was our second visit to The Harrison as my husband and I had visited four years ago and liked it so much, we decided to come back. It was worth the trek. It's a bit tucked away, but other people obviously feel the same as even though it was a Sunday night, the place was mobbed. I opted for fish and chips - magnificent, beautiful light batter and really thick cut chips which were light and fluffy inside. My husband opted for the Sunday roast (lamb) which came with masses of gravy, a fact that pleased him greatly. Friendly staff and quick, efficient service and a nice house red.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

Went here off the back of a helpful review was looking for a good Sunday roast close to Kings cross and we were not disappointed it was delicious! The Staff are friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back next time we are in this part of London.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LMcCahon
Reviewed 20 January 2016

The pub serves great real ales, amongst a wide selection of other drinks. The meal we had was really well cooked and presented. Breakfast was huge and well cooked. The rooms was modern and clean. All the staff were so helpful. When I got up for breakfast and went out for a cigarette they even bought me a fresh coffee outside!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business