“Good food, but expensive”
Review of Chelsea Brasserie - CLOSED

Chelsea Brasserie
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Belgravia
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Great location, nice staff, good food. Expensive for the price point

Date of visit: April 2012

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We visited on Saturday evening for dinner. The restaurant was busy but not full. The food was lovely; the White Truffle Risotto special was particularly good. The menu is well balanced. The service was haphazard; our drinks were delivered to another table, we were served bread without butter, we weren't told of the specials until we asked. The ambience was relaxed and overall we enjoyed our visit.

Date of visit: April 2012
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Went for the usual breakfast after an early morning landing in London.

Was "greeted" by a not so friendly waitress, asking for choice of seating and then told that the area was closed once I selected it.

After seating, was told that "kitchen was closed, no food served", when all I wanted was a croissant and cappuccino.

What a disappointment compared to my last experience there.

The impression that I got from the offending waitress was:

1. I am deaf, therefore you had to speak very loudly AT me.
2. I don't understand English, therefore you had to speak very slowly and loudly AT me.
3. I'm wasting your time, therefore you had to huff and puff and moan.

Lovely. Not returning. Ever.

Walked out.

Try The Botanist next door. A little snooty but on one shouting like an insane woman at you. =)

Date of visit: March 2012
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Charming brasserie environment, great for dinners with colleagues. Also serves as breakfast place for the Sloane Square Hotel above in the same building...very nicely done.

Date of visit: February 2012
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The food was great and the waiter was so nice! Excellent service

Date of visit: February 2012