“Freshly Cooked Indian Food”
Review of The Rajdoot

The Rajdoot
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rajdoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,551 of 24,648 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$26 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: When it comes to Indian cuisine, experience and tradition are of crucial importance. Since 1964, the Rajdoot Restaurant has been serving Marylebone and London with food that benefits from our deep knowledge and love for cooking and eating, and we like to keep our secrets and recipes in the family. The four brothers who run the restaurant to this day are the second generation to have done so, and the Rajdoot's mix of friendly regulars and intrigued newcomers is testament to the success of our menu and atmosphere. The experience of the Rajdoot restaurant extends further than authentic, freshly made-to-order cuisine, however. Our welcoming staff are expertly trained in the food and drink industry, and ensure that all of your needs are taken care of, whether in terms of excellent pairings, interesting specials or any specific requirement of taste or diet. Meanwhile, our team of highly skilled chefs use only the finest ingredients, buying fresh spices, which are meticulously ground and blended by hand, ensuring the utmost in freshness, flavour and aroma in all of our dishes. The Rajdoot draws inspiration from all 22 regions of the wonderful, vibrant country of India - from the Himalayas to the Indian Ocean, and the Arabian Sea to the Bay of Bengal. Though our food varies in its regional influence, it is in each instance characterised by the exquisite aromas, vivid colours and deep, earthy flavours that are so unique to Indian cooking. With plenty of excellent reviews from journalists and happy customers alike, which praise everything from the food and drink to the atmosphere and service, our restaurant is perfect for any occasion - a romantic date, a friendly hangout, a larger party or for a simple family meal. We hope to see you soon among our loyal regulars and frequent new visitors.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This restaurant is one of my particular favourites, with a central location and a menu that has something for everyone. All the dishes are cooked from scratch using fresh ingredients and you can taste the difference. The staff are, without exception, friendly and accomodating. This is my go to indian restaurant when I want to be sure I'm getting good food, great service at a reasonable price in the heart of Marylebone.

1  Thank MicheleBrooks23
Abdul R, Owner at The Rajdoot, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Wow what a wonderful comments you made.

Thank you so much for your excellent review and kind words.
As family business that we like to see all our customers have a great time with us.enjoy our freshly cooking authentic food and recommend others.

I’m very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our freshly cooking authentic food and you liked our hospitality.

Your valuable review will help millions of people who love old school traditional authentic Indian cuisine.

I’m looking forward to seeing you again and once again thank you so much for your excellent review.

Rumen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I've been there only once but has been a very nice dinner out. The food was amazing and the service was fast, courteous and efficient. Highly suggested.

2  Thank Alfonso R
Abdul R, Owner at The Rajdoot, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you so much for your valuable review.

I’m really appreciate and very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our freshly cooking authentic food and you liked our hospitality.

Your valuable review will help millions of people who love traditional old school Indian cuisine.

Once again thank you so much and I’m looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The service was simply superb: very friendly and attentive. The food was flavoursome, well presented, and priced low for the level of quality. Overall a very enjoyable restaurant with great service and great food: highly recommended.

1  Thank Robin E
Abdul R, Owner at The Rajdoot, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you so much for your amazing review.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Warm, welcoming, professional and attentive-and that’s just the staff. The food is fantastic. From the appetizers to the after dinner drinks, we couldn’t have been happier. My fiancé and I were visiting from NY and we found the place on TripAdvisor. We asked for recommendations from the staff and they were all excellent. We had the lamb Bahrain, vegetable rice, and the speciality Chicken dish. All delicious. The staff could not have been nicer or the food more delicious. We cleaned our plates! Highly recommend!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Abdul R, Owner at The Rajdoot, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Wow what a wonderful review. I’m really appreciate for that and glad here that you enjoyed our freshly cooking authentic food and you liked our hospitality.

As family business that we like make sure our customers have a great time with us enjoy our freshly cooking authentic food and recommend others.

Your amazing review will help us and help millions of people who love old school traditional authentic Indian cuisine.

I’m looking forward to seeing you again and once again thank you so much for amazing review.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We’d heard great things before we got there, and then heard great things from another diner at an adjacent table. The hype was justified: this place is wonderful. The welcome and service was amazing, and they have the food to back it up. We had a great meal and will definitely be back. In fact I’m already looking forward to it. It’s not the cheapest, but nothing crazy for central London.

Abdul R, Owner at The Rajdoot, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words and valuable review.

Kind regards,