“Perfect Italian ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Goodge Street the original home to Spaghetti House, this is where it all started in September 1955. The restaurant is located off Tottenham Court Road (the best place to hunt for home furnishings)in Fitzrovia a bohemian & arty village in central London. The restaurant has grown over the years & is now spread over 4 floors, the ground floor is bustling with the ‘via vai’ of guests dining, waiters serving & people walking through to the upper floors. An open kitchen allows you to experience the wonderful aromas of our freshly cooked Italian food. On the 1st floor the atmosphere is more leisurely & relaxed, the 2nd floor is dedicated to a Chefs Kitchen with dining for up to 30 guests and the top floor boasts a fully flexible Private Dining room and events space. The choice is yours. Al Fresco WI FI Pre Theatre Menu Private Dining Room Function Room Chefs Kitchen Step Free Access Opening Times: Monday - Friday 7am - 11pm Saturday 11am - 11pm Sunday 11am - 10pm
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The Italian team in this restaurant is just great and helpful.
The food is great and the place is warm and friendly

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Both my friend and I were rudely welcomed by our menus being thrown on the table in front of us, which preceded my ‘Mango Fruit Cocktail’ which consisted of a juice with the principle taste being orange, from a carton which the waitress obnoxiously threw in the bin in front of me, as if to remind me, yes, my Mango Fruit Cocktail WAS just cartoned orange juice. Additionally, although the Ravioli we had wasn’t the worst thing I’ve tasted- I must say it was a bit of an insult to Italian cuisine, making the fact that the restaurant was apparently a chain very clear. Although one of the older, male staff was very amicable, the female waitress was quite simply rude and unwelcoming. In my opinion, her attitude was what tainted my experience the most, and because of this, neither me, nor my friend, will be returning again.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

The staff at the restaurant were really lovely overall, it was just such a shame that the food was so incredibly poor. I'm a vegetarian and my partner eats meat and both meals left a lot to be desired. The food was very bland and we won't be returning in the near future. It was certainly one of those occasions where you feel you could have thrown together something considerably better with the leftovers in your own kitchen.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I came here for the first time with a group of ex work colleagues and we had a private room on the top floor which was very nice. The waiter and waitress were both very pleasant and service was good with food served hot. I had calamari for a starter. which was a generous portion, it was crispy and not chewy, My Main was a macaroni with clams, mussels, prawns and calamari. Again a generous portion but it was a little dry and could have done with some black pepper which wasn’t offered. Overall a good meal.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The host/manager ( not sure of the position of gentleman welcoming us) was extremely welcoming with good sense of humour and amazing communication skills. Desserts - panna cotta and lemon cake also were good. The rest was awful, we booked free flowing and every time we finished glass we had to wave at waitresses for at least 5-10 minutes before getting top up that was also done in the most unfriendly way. They did get a table of about 15 at the same time, but 3 people on the floor and at least one constantly being behind the bar checking phone should cope with the service load. Food also was not enjoyable at all. would never book again as you can get much nicer food and wine for same price.