17 people are viewing this hotel
Trip.comUS$175
Orbitz.comUS$169
ZenHotels.comUS$188
5,853 results
All reviews jacuzzi bath bastion restaurant shankly memorabilia liverpool fan rooftop bar amazing hotel hen party bottle of prosecco luxury room james street afternoon tea signature living beautiful room girls weekend birthday treat fantastic stay staff were lovely
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2021

Me and a few friends stayed here in December and wow what an experience! All staff were wonderful and very nice! Especially Michelle on reception! Thank you very much for being so polite and kind! You made checking out very simple and were so very accommodating! 10/10 would recommend.

Reviewed 26 March 2021

I booked 2 rooms at this hotel in September,the garden of edan and a standard room for 2 ,I booked this hotel for my granddaughters 13th birthday so was told the garden of edan would be ideal for her birthday,I have to say the lady I booked with was very polite and chatty so I got of the phone quiet happy,I paid a deposit for the 2 rooms but I never received any confirmation regarding my booking,I tried phoning a few times but could not get through to anyone ,eventually in December I got through to someone, I paid my second payment and also explained I had had no booking confirmation for the stay with them,I was then sent booking confirmation and terms and conditions,after reading the email i was very disappointed to discover that not only paying A lot of money for a 1 night stay they also wanted a security deposit for £250 on one room and £50 for the other ,also we thought that my daughter who was staying in the birthday room would be able to come down and have dinner with us while my older granddaughter and her 16 year old friend would be ok to stay in the room with the younger girls this was not allowed so we decided to cancel,again I tried phoning but it took a while for anyone to answer and when they did I was told I could not get a refund it’s in the terms and conditions but I explained how did I know this when I never received them at the time of booking,I told the lady I would not have booked if I knew of the very large security bond and the issue with my granddaughter looking after her sister for a hour she replied we don’t supply baby sitters,I have had contact with the hotel but still refusing to refund my second payment,I have said I understand loosing my deposit but gave plenty of time to cancel and get back my second payment but still refuse saying it’s in there terms and conditions,again I said when I booked I didn’t get any terms and conditions I had to ask for confirmation on my second payment,still refusing to refund I would never of booked if I knew these 2 issues,her reply was I would of been told on the phone at the time of booking I can assure you I was not told this on the phone

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank jamieanddonna2015
Reviewed 23 March 2021

We originally had NYE booked, but due to the local lockdown we asked for the night before New Year’s Eve. Michelle was able to swap the days for us! She is so lovely, and was so helpful! Whatever we needed Michelle would help us sort it!! Brilliant night and gorgeous room!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Katie Kenwright, Owner at The Shankly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2021

Good Morning naomicB6153KP

Thank you for your lovely 5* review and i do hope you will be back again to enjoy another stay with us we have many exciting new events coming this year so keep an eye out on our social media and i do hope to see you soon.

Best Wishes

Donna

Reviewed 23 February 2021

Called this morning to rearrange my booking, got through straight away. Jenny from customer service gave amazing customer service was very knowledgeable and helpful! Thank you :) really looking forward to our stay to celebrate a deferred hen and 30th!

Date of stay: February 2021
Management response:Responded 5 March 2021

Good Afternoon JazzShep

Thank you for this lovely review, during this hard time we are doing everything possible to rearrange everyone’s stay so they can return and enjoy the hotel to its full experience once the restrictions allow us to we look forward to helping you celebrate your 30th and your hen party

Best Wishes

Donna

Reviewed 6 February 2021

I booked here feb 2020 for 24 of us in the Laurent Perrier room. I paid just short of £1000 deposit back in feb. After lockdown in March I tried to contact them on many many occasion by email/telephone/social media each and Every time I was ignored until November when the remainder of the monies were due. We had just entered the 2nd lockdown when I got the call from Jenny, I explained all my history and just she wasn’t interested in the slightest she just wanted my money. She was quite threatening in her approach. And was insistent that my weekend in December for 24 ( all different household/areas) wld still be going ahead. Knowing this was totally not possible I again asked for my money back but was told under no circumstances was this going to happen. Jenny told me if we went( actually encouraging us to travel and break the law) they could accommodate us by putting us all in separate rooms. Even if travel had been ok Why would 24 people want to go sit in a room on their own. Not a satisfactory solution. The customer care/empathy was non existent.

1  Thank 851ruthe
Management response:Responded 21 February 2021

Good Afternoon 851ruthe

I am sorry to hear that uii ok I have not been s as blue to stay with due to COVID restrictions we are daily trying to accommodate all guests for further bookings if there date falls into the lockdown period. If you contact me directly I would be happy to try to resolve this matter for you and can liaise with Jenny in the reservation team for you. If you could email me your details

Donna.abbon@shanklyhotel.com