“Burger was lovely but WAY TOO MUCH SALT on chips”
Review of Pattersons Bar

Pattersons Bar
Ranked #225 of 1,896 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Booked last minute for a table of 7 and Patterson's were very accommodating.
We did however have a bar stool for one of the chairs, which wasn't great as we were all eating so could do with the extra back support!
Aside from that, the food was lovely! Especially the burgers and dips!
I would recommend the Quadruple Bypass Burger, the Not Chicken Burger and the Nacho Cheese dip.
The chips however were completely coated in salt to the point were we trying to scrape off the crystalised skin of salt with our knives and napkins. This brought the experience down a little as you have to pay separately for the chips, and no one from our party was able to eat all their chips because of the sheer saltiness!
The service was also brought down by the late arrival of some people's chips which came a good 15 minutes after we had all received on mains.

I would try this place again, but I would probably be more vocal to reduce the amount of salt on the chips when ordering.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I am catching up on my reviews as I have been a bit lackadaisical for the past year. This review is based on a visit in September 2017.

Three of us visited Pattersons for some food as we heard the chicken is worth a punt.

We ordered drinks which were on a special offer, from memory I think it was BOGOF on cocktails. I remember we ordered long island iced tea's all round. We paid for 2 but got 4 as it was BOGOF.

We also ordered a burger each. One of my mates ordered the Sun of a Bun but was told he couldnt get it as they had no patties in. 2 of us ended up getting the Firecracker and the other one ordered a Plain Jane.

The food was excellent! The firecracker is one of the best chicken burgers I have ever had. My friends agreed that they also loved their food.

The chilli cheese fries were on point!

Ok now the good stuff is sorted, on to the negative points.

The Long Island Iced Tea cocktails tasted like there was no alcohol in them at all. We asked a member of staff if they definitely did have alcohol in them and she confirmed yes but they must have been the weakest cocktails any of us have ever had.

The only other negative point was that it was hard to get the staffs attention. They seemed busy talking among themselves and texting etc.

So to conclude, the food was excellent but the cocktails were weak and staff a bit distracted.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing atmosphere, great staff and of course delicious food. I have been going for years and never disappoints. Great location, Patterson can be a place to eat before a night out, something to have on a lazy Sunday to fill the void while shopping and everything in between. They must have a wizard curating their music playlist

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Brilliant evening out with the lads here food was great chicken was crispy and juicy loved it,and them onion rings were massive and tasty,
the bad apple cider was the nicest ive had on draught too!
well worth a visit!
cant wait to go back!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

500g of tepid chicken in a metal bucket, it had obviously been kept warm (just) for a while as it was very dry. The chips where in a similar state. One waitress was rushing round trying to serve all the upstairs. By the time the very small portions of sauces in nasty paper cups arrived most of the food was near cold. It wasn’t the waitresses fault they needed more staff.
The onion ringer were great but I won’t be rushing back.