Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport
Ranked #53 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 17 January 2012

stayed here late one night just for an early morning flight, quick easy check in. Only prob was the room was very warm and couldnt open the window and bed wasnt the most comfortable, other than that it was dead on, was a 10 min walk to the airport the next morning. Good value as well as was booked a good bit in advance.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank petewalks54

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Returned to this hotel for another visit. The room was very clean and the staff very friendly. No issues encountered whatsoever. Good selection of tv channels - it was freeview. There is a bus stop outside the hotel with a half hourly service to the city centre. Round the corner there is a more frequent service. I recommend getting a "Saveaway" ticket. Then you can use it to quickly get to Liverpool Southparkway and get a train to the city centre. A black cab to the hotel from the City Centre (near John Lewis) at 1am was £17. Im pleased to say that on this occasion i didnt experience any issues with noise from other guests (as had been the case on my last visit). Well located for the airport.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lfc84
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I stayed here on business. The staff made the difference without them I wouldn’t have rated this hotel so highly. The reception and bar area are tidy and modern. They have a dinner menu, it is rather basic however it is reasonable value. The rooms are a bit tired, but they are nice a clean.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We have used this hotel before and booked it as a matter of course without checking tripadvisor first. As ever it was clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. For the cost the breakfast choice was good.
However, a few days ago on this trip we stayed one night at the Premier Inn in Chester and assuming all Premiers are pretty much the same standard, I would try the Premier at Liverpool airport next time for two main reasons. Firstly, everything goes off here when you leave the room and take the key card out. The room was cold when we arrived so we put the fire on before we went out for the evening. When we got back several hours later the room was even colder. Secondly, the hairdryer was one of those that you have to hold the button all the time to make it work - seriously a real pain if you've got long hair. One other point, the bar preices seemed very high at over 7GBP for a large wine and a half bitter. We noticed a new Premier even closer to the airport than this hotel and current reviews generally seem better.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoardmanMijas_Spain
Reviewed 31 December 2011

The hotel was inadequate for our needs. you could feel every spring in the bed and the room was at an uncomfortable humid temperature. We went down for breakfast and I decided to consume a glass of water which was labelled ICE WATER and I found it to be tepid. my egg was slightly on the warm side for me and there was no cinnamon for my coffee. When I went to select a paper to browse through I noticed that they had no materiel to read on bicycles due to this i was in deep annoyance as i had nothing to read whilst consuming my morning cappacino. If i were you i would stay at the premier inn down the road as it suits my needs. Thank you for taking your valuable time on reading my review and i hope that this may have helped you make the extreamly stressful and hard decision to select your hotel.

Room Tip: Dont rush in to booking a hotel