3,106 results
All reviews a river view room walk in shower huge bath princes dock wet room car park next door mini bar lovely hotel liver building standard room cooked breakfast city centre multi storey reception staff couldn't fault a lovely stay comfy bed
Reviewed 9 March 2015 via mobile

From start to finish our stay has been amazing. It's a beautiful and quirky hotel love the decor. Our room was very clean and we had a lovely view of the Mersey.

The thing that made our visit though was how lovely and attentive the staff. We had a lovely welcome from the reception staff everyone was pleasant but the highlight was the next morning at breakfast, I had bacon and egg muffins and my husband had the full English. It was the nicest we have ever had. The waiting on staff couldn't do enough for us checking we were ok and topping us up with tea and toast.

Special mention to Ste the breakfast chef who cooked us a lovely tasty and well presented breakfast and Christian and Janne the breakfast waiter and waitress who couldn't do enough for us to make sure we enjoyed our breakfast. But thank you to all the staff for making our stay so special.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
MalmaisonLiverpool, Front Office Manager at Malmaison Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2015

Hi Cat090581,

Thank you for your lovely feedback! We are so pleased to hear you had a lovely visit here to Malmaison Liverpool!
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We all hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2015

Booked this hotel for one night to go to a concert at the Echo Arena. Rather expensive and for the price we paid I did not expect to get a room with a huge red wine stain on the carpet, white stains on the chaise lounge, a broken hot tap on the sink and a clock not even set to the correct time (and weirdly positioned over the bath, rather than in the bedroom). Parked in the multi-storey car park next to the hotel, which was not even subsidised, but of which we had a birds eye view of from our room! But that's just the luck of the draw! Also would not expect to pay a different rate for continental or cooked breakfast, albeit the subsidiary was small, but then why not include it in the room rate? Every where is very dark. Brown in the lobby & restaurant, purple in the corridors and black in the rooms. Definately didn't like the black shower/toilet area in the bathroom. However this is probably the fashion, along similar lines to shops such as Hollister and Abercromie and just my personal objection.
On the plus side, the hotel ticks the boxes for the most important elements of any stay, those being general cleanliness (less the stains) and very good customer service, (Natasha on reception and the two attentive waiting staff girls at breakfast, whose names I didn't catch).

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the multi-storey car park.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to write us some feedback. We are really sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay, please accept my sincere apologies for this.

The information you have left above has now been passed onto the relevant managers for a closer look at – to prevent these issues from reoccurring again in the future.

I will also pass on your kind comments about our staff and I am glad they provided you with excellent customer service throughout your stay.

We hope you do visit us again in the future and thoroughly enjoy your next visit!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2015 via mobile

Had a wonderful time in Liverpool at The Script concert and stayed at the Malmaison, Liverpool - all the staff were friendly, corteous and I always got a smile - Big Thank You to Natasha at Reception who took an interest in why we were there while she booked us in - the Chef who made our BLT sandwiches (sorry I don't know your name) it was some plateful and it was very tasty - didn't think I would manage to eat it all but it was so good - when we came back from the concert Ryan made us some fab cocktails which were his own creation - we just told him what we liked to drink and they were awesome - to Pam at breakfast thank you for your chat - overall everyone was lovely and I'm sorry I didn't get everyone's name but you are all a credit to the hotel - next time I go to Liverpool it will be the Mal every time

• Stayed: March 2015
2  Thank S00zibell
MalmaisonLiverpool, Manager at Malmaison Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2015

Dear S00zibell,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback! We are so pleased to hear you had a lovely visit here to Malmaison Liverpool! And thank you for your lovely comments about our team!

Reviewed 6 March 2015

This was our fourth stay at the hotel and as per usual it did not disappoint. The hotel looks like it has had a bit of a refurb which is lovely. It was the first time that we have stayed in the week which was a nice change as we got to meet staff that don't work weekends. So I take this opportunity to thank Christian who served us every morning with he biggest smile imaginable and who did his job impeccably, we look forward to seeing you again. Our room this time was a change from the norm, Elli the now Brasserie Manager recommended that we try a river view room. We were so pleased as the room was so light so room 221 shall forever be our room! I must thank Elli as she never fails to impress us, her attention to detail is second to none and her attentiveness is amazing and thank you for the card and chocolates that you placed in our room. I have to say that Elli and the staff are one of the reasons that we chose to hold our wedding at the Malmaison nothing is ever too much. Whilst we were staying this time we managed to catch up with our wedding coordinator Laura who is truly marvelous, we also had the opportunity to meet Natalia (I hope I have spelt your name correctly!) who will be with us on the big day, we thank you both for the attention that you have given us this week it is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you all again soon and sorry Malmaison I forgot to take pictures this time of the room.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family

Dear feebea76,

Thank you for your amazing feedback - its lovely to hear how fantastic your stay here at Mal Liverpool was. We are so pleased that you have chosen us to host your big day - and grateful for your lovely comments about our team - we think they are great too!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2015 via mobile

My first stay in a malmaison and I was not disappointed! We were met at reception by Ellie who got a checked in and to our room on the second floor with beautiful views of the Mersey! We had dinner in the brasserie, the food was the best iv had in liverpool and a special thank you to Mathew our waiter for his great wine recommendations!

• Stayed: March 2015

Dear Craig R,

Thank you for your lovely feedback - its lovely to hear how fantastic your stay here at Mal Liverpool was.
We hope to see you again soon!