“Very good Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We booked here on Thursday 17/08/17 enroute to John Lennon Airport and having read some good reviews we decided to give it try.
The service was excellent and the food lived up to the reviews, we decided to go for a mixture of small plates to create our own tapas dishes so we would have enough room to try the puddings. I had Lobster Ravioli in a bisque sauce and Crab balls with a sweet chilli dipping sauce and my husband had the Chicken & Prawn skewers and Calamari,we also ordered some olives to share.
We had the Tiramasu and Peanut Cheesecake with caramelised banana's on top with toffee sauce, both were amazing and the best we have tasted for a long time.
I would highly recommend Et Alia and we will go again when in the area.
The only minus point in our opinion is that 10% is added to the bill, we would have tipped anyway as the food and service was excellent and it does say on the bill that this is optional, but we did feel that this took away our right to decide whether to and how much we wanted to tip.

2  Thank JoR416

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I am reading the mixed reviews on here and I am amazed. Maybe we have had the luck to have come in on a good day but both the food and service have been exceptional. Some of the best food, if not the best Italian food, I have eaten outside of Italy. Service was attentive but not intrusive and made a thoroughly enjoyable birthday meal. The mains were lovely and I would particularly recommend the desserts. Thank you!

2  Thank Katk25
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

A fairly limited menu but everything is good authentic and tasty Italian food. Very attentive service and a lovely atmosphere. Super wine list and the best veal milanese this side of San Carlo.

3  Thank Bernie G
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I've been to Et Alia on a few occasions. When it opened I was very disappointing as it appeared to be trying to emulate San Carlo rather than setting out to be a reliable local Italian. A notoriously rude manager also put a lot of people off. Recently things have improved with better food and service. Particularly enjoy their vitello limone. Nice to see a place improve and that's reflected in the fact that it's busy most evenings.

2  Thank caulfield1967
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Really nice quite place in a residential area.
Menu has plenty of choice. I had the penne picante and it was really nice.
Service is also really good.
Not too expensive compared to city centre prices.
Would definitely recommend.