“Good Lunch”

Ranked #57 of 1,923 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$20 - US$68
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Buongiorno! Welcome to Trattoria 51, Liverpool's most authentic Italian restaurant. Located in the heart of the city's commercial district, our Old Hall Street eatery is situated in a grand Victorian building, and is surrounded by an impressive architectural backdrop rich in heritage and culture. Set across two floors, our stylish restaurant provides signature Italian charm with a contemporary yet inviting twist - making you feel at home as soon as you step inside. As an independent brand that feels passionate about great food and service, our city centre venue serves authentic Italian dishes, which have been made with only the finest fresh produce, using family recipes that have been lovingly handed down over generations. Our hearty meat, seafood and vegetarian classics are famous for delivering a true taste of Italy, and as renowned pizzeria, we prepare our stone baked pizzas on demand. As well as proving a delicious range of three course meals - Trattoria 51 is also the perfect place for those wanting lunchtime light bites or a quick coffee pit-stop. And we're pleased to announce that Trattoria 51 has become the first restaurant to partner with market leading gluten free retail brand, DS-gluten free, to launch gluten free pizzas and meals for people who follow a gluten free diet. To perfectly accompany both light and rich meals, we have an extensive wine list as chosen by top wine connoisseurs, as well as aperitifs and exclusive cocktails. With Liverpool One on our doorstep, Trattoria 51 is the perfect place for a great meal after a trip to the shops. We are also in close proximity to the Albert Dock, Echo Arena and a short drive away from the rival football clubs Everton FC and Liverpool FC. For those of you who want great value gourmet meals amongst comfortable chic surroundings look no further than Trattoria 51 - fantastico!
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Went for lunch with a colleague when working in Liverpool. Service was friendly and the food served promptly. I went for the seafood linguine (as did my colleague) which was nice. Pleasant atmosphere and decor in the restaurant: felt that it retains some family feel. Came to £50 for garlic bread share/starter/dessert and 2 drinks each so reasonable value. Happy to come again.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Awful service ( ignored us several times )
Warm drinks , and the pizza was undercooked with very little topping , the wife chose a risotto dish with the rice undercooked with "frozen mixed veg "
I don't think I've been more dissatisfied with a restaurant .

4  Thank johnjohnson442
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Bruschetta wasn't bad at all once I'd soaked it in balsamic vinegar. Pizza not very authentic, much like an Asda pizza but Asda give you more toppings!

1  Thank Roberts074
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Sadly not a good experience.The interior was quite pleasant and the service was mixed.The startrer of Bresaola was poor with dried rocket which was old.The main I had, linguine was ok...the wine recommendation however was excellent!

3  Thank steven g
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I visit here regularly do when my dad turned 60, I organised his birthday meal here. I booked a table for 14 people and was asked to preorder. I sent the request over, arrived at the restuarant and within 15 minutes my starter was in front of me (stuffed pepper). Our starters were finished (we weren't rushed) and then our mains came out (penne pollo piccante). Finally, once the mains were cleared the majority of us had pudding (sorbet). The experience from start to finish was amazing with the rest of the family saying they would all visit again. Thanks to all the staff for great service and making my dad's meal enjoyable.