2,318 results
All reviews london carriage works philharmonic hall ren toiletries studio room georgian quarter boutique hotel anglican cathedral lovely hotel the penthouse comfortable bed huge bed wet room walk in shower reception staff city centre car park cooked breakfast
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed here when we visited Liverpool to watch the Reds against Stoke.

It just so happened that it was also the weekend of the grand national so the hotel was extremely expensive and busy but tickets to Anfield are hard to come by so we take them when we can!

The hotel itself is very nice with a cool restaurant and bar area. The room was tiny (really tiny) and was a bit of a maze to find. Also, for some reason the temperature of the water in the shower was set to blindingly hot and couldn't be adjusted.

Would stay here again for a game but certainly would not pay the same price again for the place

Liverpool won 4-1 for the record

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

A colleague and I stayed at the Hope Street Hotel for one night. I had amazing views from my room, and the room was spacious and comfortable. The only "negative" comment is that I could not figure out the taps in the shower and nearly drenched myself

The staff were friendly and helpful, recommending a restaurant around the corner where we had a wonderful meal.

If I have the opportunity to return to Liverpool, I would definitely want to spend it at this hotel, and hopefully for more than one night next time.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank CeliciaS
40Hope, Director at Hope Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

Dear CeliciaS,

Thank you for your kind recommendation and apologies for the drench. We would love to welcome a fan back and help you enjoy lovely Liverpool.

Best wishes, Mary C

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

An excellent independent hotel. Room very comfortable especially the beds. The young staff were helpful friendly and enthusiastic. There was a good atmosphere in the bar which like the restaurant The Old Carriage Works was well decorated and furnished. Breakfast was copious. This hotel really works. So much better than a drab chain.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter D

Dear Peter D,

Thank you for our all round excellence, very kind of you to put it in writing.

Best wishes, Mary C

Reviewed 10 September 2016

My wife and I were celebrating our 2nd anniversary on 29th Aug 2016 and had booked to stay in this hotel as it is one of our favourites. We had booked a studio room under the advanced booking scheme in April. When we arrived at the hotel they informed us that due to a computer glitch the payment for the room had not been taken in April 2016 so the booking had not been processed in full. As this was a special occasion the hotel apologised for this error and advised us that they had upgraded us to a penthouse suite but only charged us the rate we had previously paid for the studio. The penthouse was fantastic and both my wife and I were overjoyed and greatly appreciated the help from Tullulah the young lady who was on reception at the time and all the staff for making our anniversary such a memorable experience. We always rated the hotel highly but our opinion after this event has increased as they greatly exceeded all our expectations.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian M

Dear Ian M,

Thank you for your lovely review and so good to hear you were happy with our solution to losing the studio room! Tallulah thought you were both lovely and a pleasure to welcome.

Next year? All the best, Mary C

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

This is a nice hotel within easy walking distance of Liverpool City Centre. Room comfortable and very well equipped

BUT and its a big one - value for money in both the bar and restaurant is extremely poor. Food quality reasonable but a cost of £60 for one person is not good value as is £6 for a small bottle of cider

Service at breakfast appalling with a 45 min wait and poor excuses - again not cheap at £16.50 for breakfast

I wasn't paying but if I was I would have complained more than I did at the time - would definitely not spend my own money there - just not worth it

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Dear David 230575,

Thank you for your first sentence and half the second! A bill for one can be any total depending on what drinks and number and price of courses one chooses. With three courses and two drinks a lone diner can also enjoy the a la carte menu for £35, or if you are paying yourself there are excellent independent brassiere restaurants nearby.

Time does drag when you are waiting, particularly for breakfast and sincere apologies for any wait. If booked with the room, breakfast is £10 - which includes visits to the continental buffet, hot a la carte choices, limitless tea and coffee and juice - two meals in one!

Kind regards, Mary C