We stayed here for 2 nights between Christmas and New Year. I have to say I was very impressed overall, it's certainly one of the best in the Premier Travel Inn chain.
The rooms are large, at least a third deeper than any other travel inn room I've stayed in, although no wider. To give you some idea, the area between the bed and the sofa could have comfortably hosted a second double bed!
The room and the rest of the hotel were spotlessly clean and is sporting the new travel inn refurbishment look that was introduced in 2006.
Unlike other stays in travel inn's we only got 3 pillows (2 on the bed and one on a shelf) were we would usually get 4. However the receptionist was more than happy to provide us with an extra one.
The only real problem we had was with the housekeeping, at 9.30am the maid knocked on our door and we weren't out of bed yet. She asked if we'd like any fresh towels, to which we said no, because neither of us had taken a shower yet. We went off into Liverpool for the day and returned to the room at 3.30pm to find that it hadn't been cleaned, again reception was quick to put it right and the room was made up immediately, but it was something we could have done without.
The reception area is large and looks good. There is a bar and restaurant although when we were there it was always empty, and while looked nice it didn't look any different to any other Whitbread restaurant.
The hotel itself doesn't have a car park, however the NCP is literally across the road (see the picture) and is as close as many dedicated hotel car parks. Not cheap tho, even with a hotel discount, 2 nights stay cost us £24.50.
The hotel is down a quiet side street just off the one way system, this means that it is extremely quiet at night, it sounds dodgy but there really is only the hotel and the car park on the road, so we never felt threatened. It's quite difficult to find, especially since the one way system means you can't turn around if you miss the turning. If you look at the pictures you can see the 'P' sign pointing to the right is the only indication that this is the street you need, make sure you are in the right most lane on the one way street otherwise you'll miss it!
It's only 5 minutes walk from the main centre of Liverpool, and there is an underground railway station in the next street along.
Apart from the difficulties with the housekeeping and the expensive car park I found this hotel to be excellent and I will definitely be staying here again should I return to Liverpool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Liverpool City Centre Moorfields is in the heart of the business district of Liverpool City Centre. Just five minutes walk from the iconic Matthew Street made famous by The Beatles, the busy L1 shopping centre and all of the city's local attractions. Nearby attractions include the Albert Dock,Liverpool ACC Arena, BT Covention Centre,the Echo Arena and various Museums, Churches and art galleries. Not forgetting the famous Ferry Accross the Mersey. Conveniently located for Liverpool Lime Street and Moorfields Train Station.Our Liverpool City Centre Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes.Meeting Rooms - 3 Meeting rooms with 50 capacity Theatre style. Available to book daily for conferences, private parties and group lunches or dinners. Location and Local Information John Lennon Airport 8 Miles.Taxi Approx £10Ferryport 1 MileBus Stop 0.2 Miles Queens SquareCoach Station 1 Mile Hospital 1 Mile Royal Liverpool University Liverpool/John Moores Both 2MilesTate Gallery 0.5 MilesLace Conference Centre 3 MilesSt Georges Hall 0.5 MilesEverton And Liverpool Football Grounds 2 MilesAlbert Docks And Beatles Museum 1 MileSpeke Hall And Knowsley Safari Pk 8 MilesEmpire Theatre Lime Street Less Than 0.5 MilesCrosby Beach 8 Miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Moorfields) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre Hotel Liverpool
- Premier Travel Inn Liverpool
- Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Moorfields) Hotel