and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Moorfields) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 3 January 2007

We stayed here for 2 nights between Christmas and New Year. I have to say I was very impressed overall, it's certainly one of the best in the Premier Travel Inn chain.

The rooms are large, at least a third deeper than any other travel inn room I've stayed in, although no wider. To give you some idea, the area between the bed and the sofa could have comfortably hosted a second double bed!

The room and the rest of the hotel were spotlessly clean and is sporting the new travel inn refurbishment look that was introduced in 2006.

Unlike other stays in travel inn's we only got 3 pillows (2 on the bed and one on a shelf) were we would usually get 4. However the receptionist was more than happy to provide us with an extra one.

The only real problem we had was with the housekeeping, at 9.30am the maid knocked on our door and we weren't out of bed yet. She asked if we'd like any fresh towels, to which we said no, because neither of us had taken a shower yet. We went off into Liverpool for the day and returned to the room at 3.30pm to find that it hadn't been cleaned, again reception was quick to put it right and the room was made up immediately, but it was something we could have done without.

The reception area is large and looks good. There is a bar and restaurant although when we were there it was always empty, and while looked nice it didn't look any different to any other Whitbread restaurant.

The hotel itself doesn't have a car park, however the NCP is literally across the road (see the picture) and is as close as many dedicated hotel car parks. Not cheap tho, even with a hotel discount, 2 nights stay cost us £24.50.

The hotel is down a quiet side street just off the one way system, this means that it is extremely quiet at night, it sounds dodgy but there really is only the hotel and the car park on the road, so we never felt threatened. It's quite difficult to find, especially since the one way system means you can't turn around if you miss the turning. If you look at the pictures you can see the 'P' sign pointing to the right is the only indication that this is the street you need, make sure you are in the right most lane on the one way street otherwise you'll miss it!

It's only 5 minutes walk from the main centre of Liverpool, and there is an underground railway station in the next street along.

Apart from the difficulties with the housekeeping and the expensive car park I found this hotel to be excellent and I will definitely be staying here again should I return to Liverpool.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark1978
Write a ReviewReviews (2,154)

Reviewed 17 November 2006

My wife and I stayed for three nights at this city centre hotel and enjoyed it immensely. The hotel is new,clean and very comfortable but what lifted it was the service from all members of staff from front of house to kitchen and housekeeping. Everyone went beyond what was expected to ensure our stay was as comfortable as possible. The staff were so friendly it was more like staying in a small family run bed and breakfast than part of a major chain . Our only complaint was the room were warm and the bed only had a duvet whereas a sheet and blanket would have been more comfortable but for less than £60 for the room we shouldn't really complain.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank louisyessir
Reviewed 12 November 2006

Stayed in the hotel on business over night. On checking in, the receptionist was really helpful and friendly, even to the point of asking how my journey had been while waiting for my card to clear. I was then given clear directions to where my room was and was told not to hesitate to call reception if things weren't to my liking. More importantlly the receptionist said "hope you enjoy your stay" and it didn't come across as cold and mechanical.

The room was clean, tidy and fresh smelling. No air conditioning but then it wasn't that hot while I was there although I can imagine it during summer being a bit stufffy.

The shining star in this hotel is the restaurant. Clean, bright and well presented. The staff were all really helpful and the service of the meals was excellent. The food itself was excellent even though a few items from the menu were not available, but the staff couldn't apologise enough.

I have been staying in Premier Travel Inns on business now on a weekly basis for 12 months, and even though this wasn't the most modern one I've stayed in, I can say without doubt that the service has been the friendliest and seemingly most genuine I have encounted.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mrc_uk2000
Reviewed 12 September 2006

Myself, husband and youngest son (11) stayed here for 4nights
we had a brilliant time. The rooms (ours was a family room) were spacious and cleaned every day. The staff were very nice and helpful, nothing was too much problem. The barstaff were very nice and the bar food is excellent, as is the food in the restaurant, great variety and really lovely. the hotel is child friendly.
Overall, I will stay here again any time we come over for a few days. It is so convienent as everything is within walking distance(except for Anfield -go by bus or taxi.

Stayed: August 2006
3  Thank Gretts
Reviewed 17 August 2006

Went to Liverpool on a hen weekend, 26 girls, thankfully I didn't have to make the booking so I can't say how easy that was. On arrival we were hours early for check in but reception staff were happy to allow us to leave our bags, I'm always worried about luggage rooms as I've heard of bags going missing etc but this was excellent. We were each given a bag tag with a receipt on the end, we had to sign the tag and the receipt. The luggage room was in the reception area and was accessed only by staff, they did not allow you to simpy take the key and do it yourself. Staff were extremely friendly, they gave us maps of liverpool and told us were to go on what night, where to shop, where to eat - we didn't even have to ask, the information was volunteered willingly. Rooms are very comfortable, spotless clean and tea/coffee facilities, hairdryer etc were standard in every room. Very secure hotel, you couldn't get in the lift without your room key, you couldn't get a new room key without answering alot of security questions first - this may seem annoying but it's for your own safety. Hotel is within minutes walk of the main shopping and clubbing areas. We ate in the restaurant on the second night and even though we hadn't booked and 20 of us showed up together, they were happy for us to be there, and we were served promptly. Breakfast is lovely and fresh - which is unusually for buffet style. Over all I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, staff are a credit to the hotel. I would definitely return to the hotel on my next trip to liverpool.

• Stayed: July 2006