Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 29/04/21
Free cancellation until 28/04/21
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 29/04/21
PricelineUS$43
eDreamsUS$43
getaroom.comUS$51
2,341 results
All reviews albert dock great location car park per day rooms are basic the ground floor shower room short stay great shower would stay again min walk cavern club good nights sleep tea and coffee full english concert arena
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

Came away with Mrs for a trip to Liverpool and stayed at this ibis. Have to say it was superb. The location is spot on, 5 mins walk away from docks and 10 from main shopping areas.

Stayed here 2 nights and both nights the staff were brilliant. Very friendly and helpful, nothing too much.

Lovely bar area, also showing sky sports

We paid the extra for the breakfast and was well organised. They give you a sheet of paper with the options and you simply tick what you like. Choice of full English or continental. Plus juices that you get yourself and top up.

Coffee is from a machine that you can help yourself to anytime of the day.

The Covid secure checks and practices they put in place are very good. Everything constantly being cleaned and good one way systems and foot plates to open doors.

They have onsite parking, it was £10 per night but at least you know your car is safe as a barrier system in place

Would really recommend staying here if you are coming from a trip to Liverpool

Management response:Responded 20 September 2020

Dear dwatson19,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review; we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock and you found the location of our hotel very convenient.
We are delighted you appreciated the friendliness of our team and you enjoyed our new breakfast organisation.
Please rest assured I will be sharing your positive comments with all our team.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Best Regards,
Apolline Lecocq, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed 12 September 2020 via mobile

I found it really difficult to rate this hotel as it had a mix of good and bad but in the end, remembering that it is a budget hotel I gave it an average score, even although I would not recommend and will not be likely to stay again.

Positives:
• Customer service is excellent, all staff were polite an helpful at all times.
• I wasn't happy about the sheets on the bed and although it was how they do things they changed it for me immediately.
• Temporary covid policy really helped when my flights got changed several times.
• Restaurant provided meals even though they were 20 minutes from closing.
• Location is excellent. Facing Albert Dock and beside Liverpool One.
• Great big shower.
• Good covid measures, lots of santiser, only one party to use the lift at a time, staff wearing masks, room only refreshed if requested, breakfast made to order no longer buffet.

Negatives
• Room is quite depressing. Brown industrial type carpets covered in stains. Furniture has seen better days. Bathroom is a strange pod that reminds me of a boat cabin.
• Beds only have one sheet. It is tucked under a mattress topper. The rest of the bed is open. The matress doesn't even have a sheet over it. I really didn't think this was appropriate, especially in the current climate. No pillow protectors either, only a single pillow case. When I asked I was told this was standard Ibis policy but they did put an extra sheet on the beds for me immediately.
• Beds in a twin room are 2 single beds pushed together to make a double bed. The sheets simply show it is 2 beds. If I wanted to sleep in a double bed I would have booked a double room.
• A bedroom socket didn't work and kept switching things off. I reported this as I left as it would need attention but it left me with no socket near to mirror to fix hair.
• The tv remote did not work. Probably just needs batteries so we just used the buttons on the tv.
• The breakfast was not good value.
• The person in the room next door was causing a loud commotion one night and although police and ambulance had been called this continued on to 1am with screaming, banging and cursing. They were not asked to leave or moved rooms and no offer to move us to another room was made. While it is not the hotels fault how a guest behaves (& I did hear staff tell this person it was completely unacceptable the next morning as I passed through reception) nothing more was said to me when I checked out the next morning, no apology, not even an offer of a free drink. It had been a very disturbing night.

All in all despite the positives I will not be likely to stay here again and would not recommend it to friends or family. A small bit of tlc in the rooms so they matched the style of reception and it might give a very different impression. The customer service was it's real positive.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 September 2020

Dear holidaygal136,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in Ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock.
We are pleased that you appreciated the location of our hotel and you found our team very helpful and efficient. We are also pleased that you felt safe with all the protection measures put in place in the hotel for the safety of our guests and our team.

We are aware that our rooms are outdated and need some refreshment. We are in the process of putting a plan together which will involve redecoration and some new carpet and as soon as we get the authorisation from our Head Office, we would then proceed with the renovation.

The two single beds in our twin rooms are close to each other due to the size of our bedrooms; if we could have the space to separate the beds in the middle we would, however the bed side tables on each side of the beds do not allow us to do this. The pictures of our twin rooms on all our websites show that the beds are really close to each other.

Concerning the black mattress, it remains an Ibis standards to have the mattress displayed without a bed sheet as we have a topper on top of the mattress to get a comfier bed. The topper itself is covered with a mattress protector and a bed sheet as in all Ibis hotels in UK.

We apologise you encountered an issue with the socket located next to the mirror; we forwarded your feedback to our maintenance technician who fixed it the same day. Feel free in future to contact our 24 hours reception if there is any issue occurring in your room; our maintenance team will do their best to fix the problem during your stay.

We are extremely sorry about the noise coming from the room next door to you; we called the ambulance who checked on the lady and we waited for the police to arrive to take her with them. However by the time the police arrived; one hour and a half later, the lady was asleep. Had we have been aware that you would like to change rooms at that time, we would have been pleased to do it.
For the inconvenience caused that night, we would like to offer you some compensation as we understand that the disturbance was not acceptable. Could you please send me an email on h3140-am@accor.com and I will be happy to answer to you directly.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns and we hope we will get the opportunity to better serve you in near future.

Apolline Lecocq, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed 4 September 2020

Me and my girlfriend went to liverpool to shop and spent one night in the ibis hotel, the location was good although it was slightly difficult to get there by car, plus you had to pay an extra £10 for parking. Tea and coffee was free and that was quite a nice touch but the breakfast that cost nearly £9 was literally the rankest thing I’ve ever seen and tasted in my life, i ordered a full english minus the ‘omelette’ and some toast. My girlfriend got her breakfast ten minutes before I had to ask the staff that I hadn’t had my breakfast, the lady was quite rude but shortly after my breakfast was served, I didn’t get any toast and I got an omelette out of pure curiosity i tried it and it was disgusting but since I hadn’t ordered it, it didn’t really matter but the stench that came off of it was sickening, on top of all of this the bacon, sausage, hash browns, mushrooms and the beans were all nauseating and had to leave it all. I would recommend staying here for the room, but I would seriously encourage you NOT to buy the breakfast.

Management response:Responded 13 September 2020

Dear gruffudde2020,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback,we are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

We apologise that you didn't enjoy our breakfast in the morning and we are taking note of your comments to improve our service.

We are pleased you appreciated the location of our hotel and we hope we will get the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Kind Regards, Apolline Lecocq, Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed 22 August 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night on our way back to Dorset from Scotland just for a break halfway, the staff were all friendly, parking VERY reasonable and the room was ok, a little dated but the bathroom was a good size. Short walking distance to different areas of historic Liverpool which was appreciated as we love Liverpool, breakfast the following morning was OK, although the area was a bit of a squeeze but all in all a great little hotel for a stop off.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank Pr1nc31
Reviewed 31 July 2020 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a 4 night trip in July with a pay in arrival deal, 2 days later (still 3 weeks to go) they start taking money from our account which we are struggling to get back. We have now had to block the card and have reported a fraudulent transaction

Date of stay: July 2020
Management response:Responded 4 August 2020

Dear 457stuarti,

Thankyou for leaving your comments. We normally have two rates available. A prepaid option, and a flexible, pay at property rate. We only take payment in advance when has a booking has been made using the prepaid option. If you would like to discuss the matter with our general manager please give us a call on 01513173310.

Kind Regards,