“weekend at the cavern”

Ranked #45 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
whitehaven
“weekend at the cavern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

4 couples stayed for the weekend all in double rooms cost £134 per couple which we felt was decent value the rooms were very clean only although one hand towel and one bath towel available and only one spare pillow however contacted reception on the way out the first day when we returned it was resolved the staff were excellent and really helpful, the only failing which we all talked about was paying for the car park and the fact there was no teletext on the TVs we all like our sport and could not get any sports news on the Saturday that said I would certainly go back again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
IbisLiverpool, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Liverpool very soon. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Team Leader.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sunderland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Well I paid £39 for a room for 1 night for me and my son, the room itself was clean enough but a little tired and we were given a double room, I'd asked for a twin but hey ho. The bathroom was similar to that of a caravan, very compact. Only 2 hand towels were provided which i didn't realise until i came out of the shower.

The breakfast was ok, plentiful and warm (and cheap).

Excellent location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly M
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments and the matter will be addressed. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Liverpool very soon. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Team Leader
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have now stayed here three times over the last two months, each time for 1-2 nights. It's great to find a budget hotel in such a prime location, right opposite Albert Dock (including the Tate Gallery and the Maritime Museum) and near the new Museum of Liverpool - as well as being very close to 'Liverpool One' for shopping and restaurants. Make sure you ask if they have a room on a higher floor, ideally facing the waterfront, and you'll get a similar view to that enjoyed by hotels that charge far higher! The staff are very friendly and down to earth, and efficient - last time they volunteered to move me to a higher floor when a room became available on the second night of my stay. My room was relatively small but fine, functional and clean. You can pay a small supplement for a buffet breakfast, which I did the first two times, it's OK but nothing special - the last time I went to the famous Egg Cafe instead (10-15 minutes walk). I'm sure it can be a bit noisy at weekends but this will be the case with any budget hotel in a popular weekend destination like Liverpool. But for a short stay this is a great deal, especially when they have promotions like the money-off (up to half price) Winter offer. By the way if you like good beer do visit the Baltic Fleet (Good Beer Guide pub) which is a minute's walk away.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the waterfront for a great view
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards, Paul Smith Team Leader
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

We only paid £39 for our room on a Thursday night so weren't really expecting much, We were pleasantly surprised and found our room to be clean and containing everything you would expect - tea & coffee making stuff and tv. There was a spare pillow in the wardrobe which was useful (not having to request it from reception). The 'space pod' style bathroom was great and the shower one of the best I have every encountered away from home. We requested a room overlooking Albert Dock and that was what we got - a fantastic view of the Liverpool Eye too. Maybe we were lucky in not encountering any noisy stag or hen parties, but our sleep was undisturbed.
In the morning, the lady on Reception helpfully printed out Google map instructions for us as we didn't have a map or sat nav to get home. Breakfast was £7.50 each which is quite a lot, but plentiful, quite good and masses of choice.
All in all, wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place or stay there again. The location was perfect, on site parking reasonable at £3 a day and an all round bargain!

Room Tip: Overlooking the Albert Dock has a lovely view.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JONES8285
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ibis Liverpool. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, Paul Smith Team Leader