All reviewscatholic cathedralgroupon dealcity centreground floorwould stay againnice breakfastbuffet stylesecure parkingpleasant stayhope streettea and coffee making facilitiesshort staystaff were lovelylovely roomfull englishbars and restaurantsexcellent value for money
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Perfect location to the train station, shops and bars. The staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms could do with a face lift, bathroom wasn't very clean and rooms were really warm! Good size room though and quiet.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Sara S, Manager at Hallmark Inn Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Emma G,
Thank you for your feedback and comments via TripAdvisor.
Here at our hotel customer satisfaction is our top priority and I'm pleased we could achieve this during your stay.
We appreciate the feedback you have provided us with, and please be assured it will be passed on to the relevant departments.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night here on business. Room a health hazard. Dirty, with dead wasps on windowsill. Window would only stay open if propped with block of wood. Bathroom dirty, and with wee from previous occupant on toilet seat. Some sockets not working. Didn’t risk the breakfast!
Good thing- free wifi in all the rooms

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Sara S, Manager at Hallmark Inn Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Suestubbs1,

Thank you for your feedback and comments via TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us here at the The Hallmark Inn Liverpool. Here at our hotel, guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am disappointed that we did not achieve this during your stay.

As a grade two listed building we are not purpose built and therefore our rooms vary in shape and size, however the hotel is in fact looking at £250K refurbishment later this year.

I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future, and not let these issues impact your view of us as a brand.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

We staid in Liverpool for two nights and choose the Hallmark Inn, as it was cloae to the city center and Lime Street station. Although our room was towards the street and we kept the window open, it was very quiet. Nice and attenrive staff.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Orleanda,

Thank you for your kind feedback and comments via TripAdvisor.

I am very glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us here at the Hallmark Inn Liverpool. Here at our hotel, guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am delighted we could achieve this during your stay.

Please be assured all your kind feedback will be passed on to the relevant departments.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Went for just one night as had a bargain on Virgin first class.
On arrival the welcome was ok then directed to turn left behind us and up some stairs! We searched for our room which was like a rabbit run. Eventually found a cleaner who showed us the way!
The room was very small for a double. The bed which was obviously two singles put together so the very obvious slip was not comfy. However the beds were extremely comfortable and very cosy with clean white linen.
The view was of the estate with noisy children playing!
In the very bijou bathroom the sink taps loose so no water flow control especially on the hot tap which at waist level it scolded certain private parts!! Shower door opens to the sink. Not practical.
The breakfast was lovely and very filling.
Clean towels but not sure if bath sheets were needed, bit big?

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Carol F,

Thank you for your feedback and comments via TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Here at the The Hallmark Inn Liverpool guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am disappointed that we were not completely successful at providing this during your stay.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Staff friendly and efficient, breakfast was good. My room was ok as it was at the back of the hotel but the window was frosted which was a bit strange but fairly quiet overall. The corridors are uneven and creaky as are the stairs and the decoration has seen better days. I had no phone in my room and needed an engineer to fix but I was offered a different room if I wanted. Beware of the bar as the drinks are pricey!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Jackie B,
Thank you for your feedback and comments via TripAdvisor.
We appreciate this feedback you have provided us with, and please be assured it will be passed on to the relevant departments.