This B&B is very close to the local station of Waterloo, and it's15 minutes by train into Liverpool, which was great as it meant we didn't have to drive into the city. We stayed here for 2 nights, had a large room with a very comfortable king-size bed, wasn't too impressed with the pillows though, they were very hard and didn't 'give' at all, my neck ached in the morning. Liked the large flat screen TV, although it was tilted at rather an odd angle and couldn't be adjusted. Great shower, not so great toilet, took forever to fill up and had an awful old-fashioned black plastic seat of the sort that I remember from the 60s! Furniture in the room was a bit basic, no surfaces to put things on except for the bedside tables - a small table or chest would have been nice. Very few coathangers. Tea and coffee tray had no decaff and no biscuits. No toiletries or hairdryer, fortunately I'd taken these, but for £60 a night I think they should have been provided. No information pack. No breakfast menu, breakfast was adequate, service a little on the slow side. Bernie was friendly, but we never saw Mike, although he was very helpful on the phone when we booked. We thought it was quite good value, and particularly liked the large room and comfy bed, but the little extras can make such a difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We aim to offer a comfortable, friendly atmosphere where our guests can relax and feel at home and want to come back again. We are located five miles from Liverpool City Centre with good public transport links to the City, Liverpool John Lennon Airport and the coastal town of Southport. We are also close to the motorway network. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Woodlands Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodland Guest House Hotel Liverpool
- Woodlands Guest House Liverpool