“Best Trip of my Life!!!”

Jackie Spencer - BeatleGuide
Ranked #2 of 66 Tours in Liverpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hi there, I'm Jackie and I've been a Beatle Fan all my life, and professionally qualified Tour Guide for 20 fun filled years. I've been Liverpool's OFFICIAL Beatleguide since 1995. My private tailor made tours are the real deal for discerning Beatle Fans planning the trip of a lifetime - satisfaction guaranteed. They're not the cheapest, but they are chauffeur driven by my lovely sidekicks so I can give you my full attention. As a fully qualified Blue Badge Guide I also offer general sightseeing tours. walking tours & step on guiding for coach companies. The Blue Badge is the top qualification for professional tour guides in the UK, and a guarantee of excellence. Most importantly, I'm a Liverpudlian born and bred, Love Liverpool, Love The Beatles, and would love to share my city with you.
Robbinsville, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Trip of my Life!!!”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Jackie was a great tour guide!! I have taken her tour a couple other times and whenever I come to Liverpool I would never think to do any other tour but hers because hers is OUTSTANDING! She is a wonderful and fun person who really knows alot about the beatles. I think it helps that she grew up in Liverpool so you get a local's point of view. Jackie makes the beatles' lives come to life with her tour. It's very comfortable with her. I would highly recommend this tour if you are traveling to Liverpool and want the BEST tour there!!!

1 Thank Diana D

Brussels, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beatles Tour by Belgians”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Jackie is top, also in the use of het Balckberry PAD.
No need to seek for any other Guide.

1 Thank Jos S
Woodridge, Illinois, United States
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Jackie is much more than just a Beatleguide. Her tour is an experience that a Beatle fan will remember for life. Her Beatle knowledge and her interesting, humorous, and personal stories create a 3-D adventure of Beatles Liverpool as if we were walking the streets when the Beatles played the Cavern and hung out at the local pubs. As a guest of Beatles Pilgrimage Tour I have taken Jackie's tours many times including 2011 International Beatles Week and all of the guests on the tour agree that Jackie deserves a 5 star rating.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Susan N
Berg en Dal, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“beautiful tour through a very charming woman”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

In the weekend of March 17 up to 19 we made our annual trip with a group of 31 men. This years' destination Liverpool! Our cultural part of the trip had to be naturally in the character of the Beatles.
My request for a suitable tour began at the Magical Mystery Tour. I didn't receive an answer to my request after 2 weeks so I started looking for other options. Then I found the website of Jackie and had a good feeling about this immediately . The same day I sent her an email and explained what our intentions were. Within a few hours I had an answer! Hereafter, we had a spontaneous email correspondence. In addition to the organisation of the tour, Jackie helped me to find a coach for a quick movement of the airport through our hotel to Goodison Park, where we on the day of arrival, Saturday, have attended a match of Everton.
The next day, Sunday, Jackie leaded us with a bus alongside all Beatles hot spots. Despite the fact that we had many Stones fans on board, she knew how to fascinate everyone. That is not an easy task!
On the road singing "All together now", visiting the birth houses of John, Paul, George and Ringo. Drank a pint in a magnificent pub on Penny Lane, taking pictures at Strawberry Fields, we have done it all ! She even organised during the tour a small present for everyone.
Jackie is a spontaneous and open woman with a natural charm. In addition, she is very professional and full of passion.
I highly recommend everyone who visits Liverpool and looking for a guide, don't search longer, contact Jackie, she is worth it !
Next time I will definitely do it again !

Marcel van Onna, Berg en Dal The Netherlands

1 Thank Marcel v
Franklin, TN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'll Follow the Sun & Jackie Too!”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My short review: If you want to take a tour with someone who is passionate about The Beatles, loves Liverpool and will give you excellent personal service, call Jackie. Now!

My long review: I had dilemma. The only thing my son wanted to do on his high school graduation trip to the UK was go to Liverpool. Except we weren't going to Liverpool. Unless our family of 5 made a mad dash from London in under 24 hours. Which after much arguing with my travel agent who kept muttering about some old castle called Windsor or something, I finally got on line, figured out the train schedule myself and figured out that yes, it was possible. Barely.

Since time was of the essence, my first thought was to take one of the numerous, cleverly-named tours. They would hit the high points and fit into our budget. But the more I looked on line, the more I read about Jackie Spencer. And the more I read about Jackie Spencer the more intrigued I was. And the more I thought about how limited our time was and how important it was to get it "right" I decided to reach out to her. Good move!!

From the moment I started communicating with her via email, she was thorough, professional and thoughtful. She immediately understood our time limitations and volunteered to pick us up at the train station. Wow! I wasn't expecting this. Not only that, she volunteered to take us directly to our hotel at the end of the tour. This alone made it possible for us to maximize our visit during the one afternoon we had available for the tour.

And the tour! First-class all the way. My favorite moment was when we went inside Ringo's house and met the woman who's lived there for 30 years. Turns out she's a country music fan -- Dolly Parton especially -- and was excited to meet people who live in Tennessee. (She was even more excited to hear that we know her drummer.) My other favorite moment was driving down Penny Lane with all of us singing Penny Lane at the top of our lungs.

In the end, I have no regrets about the extra time we spent going to Liverpool. And I especially have no regrets about spend the extra money to get a personal tour by Jackie. She was fantastic and I highly recommend her.

Visited June 2011