1,351 results
All reviews queens dock comfy bed staff on reception excellent value for money stayed for one night short break pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2020

For a cheap hotel I wasn't expecting much but the receptionist/waitress was very lovely, helpful and friendly. The place was clean, the shower was amazingly powerful, everything was very efficient and the nicely cooked breakfast I couldn't fault. The parking is no problem, plenty of space and easy to access the centre of town. I will be staying here again rather than the some of the other hotels at 3 times the price.

Date of stay: September 2020
Review collected in partnership with Campanile.com - Louvre Hotels Group
Simon Dodds, General Manager at Campanile Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am thrilled to hear our team took great care of you and look forward to passing on your lovely feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2020

This is a 2 star hotel. Based right on the docks it’s an ideal location. Free parking! Room was very cheap. It’s very basic but you get what you pay for. Staff are great. I’ve stayed here a number of times. It’s great if you just need a room with a comfy bed for a night or two.

Review collected in partnership with Campanile.com - Louvre Hotels Group
Simon Dodds, General Manager at Campanile Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2020

Reviewed 20 August 2020

This hotel could do with an upgrade- looking a bit tired & with no air con in the room it made it uncomfortable to sleep during hot weather we had. Was very clean though. Good breakfast in lovely communal area. Lady on reception was excellent - both very professional and very friendly. Hotel has parking & in ideal area for tourists.

Reviewed 14 August 2020 via mobile

Our room was Standard Double with no view, facing the parking/main road. Even with the window closed it was very noisy. No AC in the room so it was very hot inside during the night, and opening the window meant even more road noise.
The room was clean but very old and dated; old and stained furniture; no plugs near the bed. In the bathroom there was a strong smoking smell even though the room is No Smoking.
Early morning I found a huge spider in the bathroom, not a nice thing to see after waking up!
Didn't get to experience breakfast or bar service as due to covid19 everything was closed.
Good thing about this hotel is the free parking.

This hotel def needs a refurb considering how developed the surrounding area is.
Sadly, this was the first time and the last stay at Campanile hotel for me.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Simon Dodds, General Manager at Campanile Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am saddened to hear your stay with us was not to your liking.
I took your comments on board and an appropriate action will be taken. I hope the issues mentioned above haven’t put you off staying with us in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2020

The hotel itself and the room was clean. Very basic in the room. Bed on wheels so moves around quite a lot. The pillows were awful, really flat and squashy. Had to ask reception for additional ones but they weren't much better. Take your own! The room we had was facing the car park which was OK it was just very noisy as it was on the main road.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Simon Dodds, General Manager at Campanile Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2020

Dear Guest,
I have passed on your comments to our Housekeeping Supervisor to address with immediate effect.
I hope the issues raised haven’t put you off staying with us in the future.
Kind regards,