I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool in April 2012 for a short weekend stay. We selected it due to its excellent location for a brief stay in Liverpool.
The hotel is on the Liverpool waterfront, just down from the Albert Docks.
If you go by train, you need to access it via James Street station, and the hotel is about 5 minutes walk away. If you arrive in Liverpool via Liverpool Lime Street station, the hotel is about 20 minutes walk away.
If you go via car, the hotel is easily accessible, and fairly well sign posted. Car parking was plentiful, but unfortunately Crowne Plaza policy is to charge £10 parking for guests, which is a bit of a rip-off.
The reception of the hotel is a bit sparse, but very clean and well kept. Checkin was fast and efficient - reception staff were FANTASTIC, very friendly and helpful - top class!
The hotel currently feels new, clean and tidy. Rooms are a decent size, clean and comfortable - everything works - with good aircon. Little or not noise from outside, which was a real plus, and no noise from corridors or other guests! Good quality complimentary toiletries. TV was a good size, but with a limited number of digital Freeview channels - again, this appears to be a Crowne Plaza policy, and something they need to address. If we had a minor complaint it would be about the bed - it seemed comfortable enough at first, but neither of us slept well, so points deducted for that.
Wifi was available in the lounge for free, but internet in the room was NOT included in the price - £7 to use it, which in this day and age is NOT acceptable - NOT GOOD!
There is a bar/restaurant - pleasant enough, but RIDICULOUS prices for food and drink - £15 for breakfast?!?!? This is crazy when you consider that if you walk for 5 minutes along the waterfront you will find Liverpool One, which has plenty of cheaper good quality food and drink. We ate at Liverpool One on the evening we stopped over and also had breakfast there, and we reckon we saved £50 on what the hotel would have charged us.
The leisure facilities are next to the hotel, and include a gym, sauna and pool. These are well kept, with a really good sized pool. Children were allowed in the pool if supervised, but not in the spa pool if they were under 6 years old.
The hotel is in a fantastic location for visiting the city - the Museum of Liverpool, Albert Docks and Liverpool One shopping Centre are 5 minutes walk along the waterfront, whilst. main city centre is about 10 minutes walk from the hotel.
This is a really nice hotel - great location, fantastic staff, great leisure facilities - but there are lots of niggling things (mostly to do with Crowne Plaza policies rather than the hotel itself) that stop this getting top marks.
On the whole I can recommend this hotel!
Good clean rooms
Good leisure facilities - large pool!
Parking charges - £10 for each night
Free wi-fi only in the lounge - £7 to use the internet in our room - RIDICULOUS
RIDICULOUS prices for food and drink, especially when 5 minutes walk away you can get better food at half the price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel Liverpool is located in the heart of this vibrant city with fantastic views of the river and the iconic Royal Liver building. You will find comfort and luxury at one of the most central and desirable locations in Liverpool.The Crowne Plaza Hotel is near Anfield, home of Liverpool FC, The Beatles Museum, Liverpool 1 and a 10 minute riverside walk from the Echo Arena and BT Convention Centre. Enjoy modern dining in The Plaza Brasserie or your favorite drink in 'The Lounge', our bright and airy atrium is ideal for relaxing or informal meetings with wireless internet access. From the best breakfast in town , to feasting on fabulous food in the evening, our team look forward to welcoming you.Our spacious air conditioned bedrooms most with river views and free internet access, provide you with outstanding comfort. Why not treat yourself to the benefits of a Club room. Eygtian cotton linen on a king sized bed, stunning river views, and exclusive membership to our club lounge, provide you with guaranteed luxury.Our unique meeting and event facilities accommodate up to 500 people and with the convenience of our own secure and well lit on site car park.We can help you put fun in your day in our Leisure club enjoy a swim in our large pool, the bubbles of the spa, or energise in our fully equipped gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool Hotel Liverpool
- Liverpool Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre