My boyfriend booked this hotel for my birthday through LastMinute.com and I have mixed reviews.
The hotel is very easy to find although at first we were worried as the car parking charges said £20 for 24 hours, not to worry though as this is the rate for people not staying. If you have a room it's £10 a night which was OK, going rate for this type of hotel.
On entering the hotel we were greeted by a doorman and went to check-in. My boyfriend showed we were pre-paid and we were offered the option of swiping a card for further charges but declined this so we could 'Pay As You Go'.
The guy on check in was lovely and informative. The reception area is very nice with a nice large bar.
THE ROOM - We went up to our room which was over looking the river, my boyfriend was pleased as he had asked for a view of the river. When booking laterooms it was classed as a Queen bed, but it was more like a standard double. It was very comfy though with plenty of nice pillows. We also had a couple bottles of water in the room.
The fridge was empty which suited us as we never use mini bar's but can be filled on request. TV was OK but a bit of a blurry picture now I'm used to HD!
The room was not as big as some I have stayed in but still space to move plus there was a chair and table as well as the usual furniture.
It was a bit weird that there was only 1 sachet of hot chocolate and 1 bathrobe, I know it must be a popular hotel for business travelers but when the room has been prepared for a couple it would be nice to have 2 of eveything. A quick call to reception sorted that although the dressing gowns weren't the best but it was a nice extra.
ONE BIG PLUS - After coming back from the shops we walked in to a birthday card and some chocolate brownie desserts which was a lovely touch and hugely appreciated. Although it's a good job my boyfriend had bought some spoons as he bought a Birthday cake, as they didn't leave any so we'd of been eating with our hands.
BATHROOM - Small but well kept. I had both a bath and shower during the stay. The bath took ages to run but was lovely. The shower was brilliant! Great pressure and temp with a decent curtain! Nice big towels too.
FOOD - The first night we had dinner in our room which was lovely. Could not fault the food although my boyfriend signed for it then a few mins later we had a phone call to say we needed to pay as we didn't swipe a card. I said OK we'll come down in a bit and the guy said 'I'll come up'. Slightly annoying as we were already eating and then had to wait again for change. We weren't going to tip as already paying £3 tray charge plus the high cost to begin with.
We also had breakfast the next morning in bed. Well 2 words - DON'T BOTHER. We had a special rate of £10 each and we both chose a full English and with that got a bakery basket.
Now I'm not a fussy eater but was NOT happy with the food at all.
The 'toast' was basically bread that had been shown the toaster. There was 2 pots of marmalade but no jam which was a disappointment as there was a croissant but I only really eat them with jam on. The coffee wasn't very nice and there was no sugar on the tray, luckily we still had some in the room from the coffee making tray. The best bit was the small blueberry muffin. It may be different if you go down to breakfast, but had it in the room for a 'treat'. The Little Chef brekkie on the way home today was better and half the price!
LOCATION - Fantastic location. Very near to everything. I would say this was a great location if you drive there, but if getting a train and having a night out etc then there are even better located hotels right in the middle which are on the same level as this one.
OTHER - Got 2 champagne glasses from the bar to take up to the room. Both had smears on and one was chipped, and the barman had 'checked' them aswell - we saw him do it!
On the morning of checkout we had an invoice pushed through the door with the following on:
1 night package
1 night package
It came to over £200. Bearing in mind we had pre-paid the room and only had breakfast once I thought this was a joke. Quickly sorted but a mistake that shouldn't of happened.
It was also annoying that the rate for the room was cheaper than what my boyfriend paid on laterooms!
Anyway sorry for the long review! Overall it was a pleasant stay and the brownies were a great touch, but for a future visit I think we would book elsewehere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel Liverpool is located in the heart of this vibrant city with fantastic views of the river and the iconic Royal Liver building. You will find comfort and luxury at one of the most central and desirable locations in Liverpool.The Crowne Plaza Hotel is near Anfield, home of Liverpool FC, The Beatles Museum, Liverpool 1 and a 10 minute riverside walk from the Echo Arena and BT Convention Centre. Enjoy modern dining in The Plaza Brasserie or your favorite drink in 'The Lounge', our bright and airy atrium is ideal for relaxing or informal meetings with wireless internet access. From the best breakfast in town , to feasting on fabulous food in the evening, our team look forward to welcoming you.Our spacious air conditioned bedrooms most with river views and free internet access, provide you with outstanding comfort. Why not treat yourself to the benefits of a Club room. Eygtian cotton linen on a king sized bed, stunning river views, and exclusive membership to our club lounge, provide you with guaranteed luxury.Our unique meeting and event facilities accommodate up to 500 people and with the convenience of our own secure and well lit on site car park.We can help you put fun in your day in our Leisure club enjoy a swim in our large pool, the bubbles of the spa, or energise in our fully equipped gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool Hotel Liverpool
- Liverpool Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre