4,760 results
All reviews mini kitchen small kitchenette concert square free wifi bars and restaurants bold street converted warehouse single room within walking distance central location minute walk discount voucher albert dock would definitely stay here again q park excellent location the heart of the city
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Fab hotel, excellent service, staff very friendly, from the 1st moment I called to book the room the staff couldn't do enough for us, we only stayed the 1 night, but we will be back. The room are a great size and have everything you need, the hotel is perfectly placed for Liverpool 1 and the pubs and clubs, literally in the centre of it all. We stayed on a Sat night just before Christmas and had a ground floor room and there was no noise disturbance. Fab hotel, would recommend to anyone. We called direct and got a better price than any that were quoted from the search sites, but we only booked a couple of days before we travelled, I don't know whether this makes any difference or not. We will defo be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AmandaB0104
Reviewed 27 February 2012

new rooms! pleasant staff. Good rates, nice linen. Ok, so Liverpool is on a bit of a hangover after the last three years, but, hey, it's good value, and Bast2stay is in the perfect position to serve you well. Everything is ultra-cool, and will suit you. So go!

Room Tip: there is no restaurant. Go round the corner to Red for a full English breakfast for £ 5. Perfick!
2  Thank treekangar00
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Friendly modern conversion with all you need. Having a mini-kitchen was great but local cafes are plenty too

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank LilyPiccal
Reviewed 26 February 2012

The Good: the location was good, especially if you want to be in the middle of the 18-25 year old going out centre. Not far from the main station and the docks (which really were the highlight of the trip, they really do Liverpool proud!), but anyway the city centre is small and very walkable. Also very good was the security and general cleanliness of the hotel, but clearly this is an expecation, not a plus. The Nespresso machine in room was nice, and the back courtyard in our "Garden Suite" was simple but cute, and would have been nice if it had been sunny and if the sun had managed to lend some light to the back courtyard (hard to tell if it ever gets sunny or not there b/c of building obstruction). The ceiling in parts of room 009 had a bit of peeling paint, but besides that, the room felt very new.

The Bad: our room was certainly overpriced at £169 for the night (included a very simple breakfast of 1 juice each, one bowl of cereal each, one sweet pastry each). The room wascomfortable enough, but a bit spartan. The shower has a design flaw, and no place to put your soap and shampoo other than the floor, although water temperature and pressure were excellent. The bed was a real loser...you'd expect in a suite at the highest price point available, you'd have a queen or king sized bed...but no, they push two twins together with an uncomfortably noticeable line down the middle. This was perhaps the biggest dissappointment, and made me realise this suite wasn't designed for couples, rather I think for small groups travelling to party in Liverpool. Not having a bar, and a common room which could only accomadate more than 10 people at the same time, made the hotel just a place to sleep and not "an experience in itself" like many top rated TA.com hotels.

The reception staff were very friendly, but painfully ignorant of the city. Maybe we just had bad luck, but if it wasn't on the recommended partner list for the hotel, the staff had gaping knowdlge holes about the restaurants and bars in the city, even those also highly rated on TA.com. or example, we asked about Heathcotes on the Strand, and we're told by reception the had heard good things, but hadn't been personally there: actually, it closed in 2010, as we discovered on our own. When we asked for help booking at Pushka, a highly recommended restaurant, they did try calling on our behalf, it became clear that despite offering at check in to sort reservations, the front desk had little local pull with non-partner places, as Pushka was booked out. When asked for an alternative, the first go to was again to recommend the partner locations (we declined, as they weren't British places, and we fancied something more local...not Italian and Japanese) the reception kindly said he'd once been to a local British place when "his parents had been visiting." Later in the evening, as it became clear the immediate neighbourhood was way too young for us (we're 31 and 34) we were redirected to another area...which was indeed slightly older but more of the same bam-bam bars and clubs more for single people looking for a big party, when we were hoping for a place to sit and enjoy and drink and chat. Still, you couldn't be upset, as the reception was always trying to be friendly and helpful...it just felt like the hotel owners had never pushed them to learn more about the city. As I work in tourism, I can tell you, most restaurants are BEGGING to have receptionist come and try them for free, if it means that they get access to customers through recommendations. I had to wonder if their lack of knowledge wasn't tied into the voucher deals they offer for only their partner locations, but can only hope that the staff were a bit under-schooled rather than such an obvious kick-back scheme.

The Ugly: On the morning of our departure, the reception once again failed us. We had a train heading back to London to catch flights, and when checking our times discovered there had been a derailment and that there would be no direct service from Liverpool to London. We called reception for help in figuring out what to do...and comedy ensued. First of all, they'd heard about the derailment as another customer has already been asking for assistance. A great hotel would have informed departing guests of the situation and provided an alternative route suggestion. That would have been asking a lot, and we would have settled for an alternative route suggestion once we asked for it. We were told to try calling the National Rail ("would we like the number") or to head over to the station and ask for help as the receptionist had asked his fellow co-worker about options and his collegue had said "I always drive when I go to London, so I'm not sure how you can now get there." Sorry, but management, when you read this, I hope you seriously consider investing in some basic training about transportation options into and out of Liverpool. Or at least that the staff, if they don't know something, try and do some basic research to help out. In a panic, we headed to the station and sorted our way back to London. We were customers in need, and the staff at the hotel not only failed us, but they weren't even sympathetic to our plight. Upon checking out, "was your stay okay?" I answered "it was just okay". No follow up question, no interest as to what might have been an issue.

All in all, it felt like perhaps the majority of the receptionist were student trainees from a local Tourism school. Friendly, bubbly, all smiles, but lacking knowledge and the willingness to assist in problem solving. Perhaps this is a no-frills attitude, but if so, the price point for this overnight was frightfully off the mark in what is clearly only my opinion. I really want to stress that the staff were really nice, just uninformed and with the train issue completely useless.

We won't be back here again, but I would recommend the place to stag and hen parties looking to have a big night out in Liverpool. I'd suggest just taking the cheapest beds they have, and you'd certainly get better value for your money than if you take a more expensive and bigger room. That this place is in the top 5 hotels of the city on TripAdvisor, either speaks volumes for the glut in good accomadation, or the accuracy of the TA.com rating system...or maybe we were just the wrong sort of guests for this hotel. I'm happy for the hotel management to contact me if they have further questions.

Room Tip: Not the Garden Suite (009) unless in a larger group of perhaps single people...
4  Thank Chris_Sandeman
b2smanager, General Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Chris_Sandeman

Thank you for your recent review of base2stay Liverpool, which I was very disappointed to read you did not enjoy, as our 500 square foot, double height Secret Garden Suite is extremely popular, with the private garden receiving plenty of sunshine on a summer’s morning. Whilst I appreciate everyone will have their own views on decor, I don’t believe there is better value in Liverpool for such a large and special suite.

I have also noted your comments regarding the 6 ft king size bed. Whilst, as you suggest, this suite is ideal for groups, it is also often used as a honeymoon suite, with the bed situated on the upper level being a high quality zip and link bed, with a double mattress protector to ensure maximum comfort. I am sorry you were not completely satisfied with this.

When we get something wrong, we will always hold up our hand and try to learn from our mistakes. However to suggest that our reception team are ‘painfully ignorant of the City’ is unfair and unkind. They take their work very seriously, all attend a Liverpool Welcome course when they begin employment at the hotel, and most are born and bred in Liverpool. We are a three star hotel, but aim to offer a helpful and informed concierge service, and the reception team work hard to keep themselves up to date on all the local restaurants and bars within the city so we are able to assist our guests as much as possible, as many reviews attest, but it would be unrealistic to expect a full, dedicated five star Clef D’Or. I am sorry we were unable to reserve you a table at Pushka. This is a very popular, but small restaurant, and it was late on a Saturday evening, the busiest night of the week. We receive no commission nor have any ‘special arrangements’ with any restaurant, but rather pass on special discounts to guests for many of the top restaurants, which I can assure you is to benefit our guests and promote local businesses. To suggest that the team or the hotel benefit from a ‘kick-back scheme’ is both untrue and offensive.

I am sorry that reception was not able to give you more information on your train journey following the derailment. From personal experience, the problem often resides with the lack of information available from the train companies, but we are implementing measures to ensure that should something similar occur, then reception will better informed in future so they are able to communicate alternative travel arrangements to guests. Whilst I apologise for any failings in assistance you may have perceived, I feel your comment about my staff’s ‘no frills service’ is less than fair. They are a friendly, helpful and professional group of young people of whom we are very proud, and remain polite at all times with all guests.

We thank you for your comments, which we will take and learn from to provide the best possible service to all our guests.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel last night. Customer service at the front desk was exceptional, receptionist greeted us with a smile and gave us some great tips about liverpool, where to eat etc.

I know its not really anything the hotel can do about, but the location is a little downgrading, especially when you see competitors just down the road at the albert dock. However, the hotel is very secure with a futuristic card system.

One thing that was disturbing was around half an hour before departure, a cleaner came into the room without knocking for housekeeping. This could have been a lot more embarrassing for other guests if the same happened.

Apart from that, it is a great hotel to stay in for a short break. However, the location lets it down and the incident with the cleaner did take the edge off the stay. TV system is very modern, and excellent for business users.

Room Tip: Stayed in a deluxe room, was a standard hotel size room.
1  Thank Thomas G
b2smanager, General Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

ThomasG
Thank you for your review. I note your comments about our location. We appreciate that the Bohemian environment of the RopeWalks isn’t to everyone’s liking; however our exceptionally central location has been a very popular feature for many of our guests, who also enjoy its trendy atmosphere.
I must apologise that housekeeping entered your room without knocking. I am grateful to you for bringing this to my attention as this doesn’t conform to the procedures they should follow and I will investigate. We strive to maintain the highest standards and feedback from our guests, both negative as well as positive, is welcomed so we do not just maintain but constantly seek to improve our service levels.