New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hilton Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #41 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersGold level
Lancashire, UK
“Much promise but not delivered....."..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Having stayed at many Hilton establishments I know what to expect and in many ways Hilton Liverpool delivered. The design is impressive especially the curving nature and high specification offered. Check-in was smooth although mechanic with no direction to room offered. Room was on floor 5 accessed via lift. Shoe cleaning and ice machines are located in lift lobby areas. If you're close to these areas; great!
The room was high spec and spacious.
The bed was possibly one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in!!
The bathroom also was high spec and clean although the finish was not 100%.
Why would I never stay here again?
I stayed on a Saturday and when I returned to the hotel it was more like a nightclub rather than a 4* hotel; the bar area was crowded and very very very very very very very very noisy!!!!!!!
I felt unwelcome!?
I felt uncomfortable!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floors overlooking Chavase Park
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel and it was as enjoyable as the first time. We were given room 545, which was a suite and this was an amazing room. So much so my friend said she could happily live in it! It was my friends birthday and there was a bottle of wine and a birthday cupcake in the room and this was a lovely touch.

We had dinner in the restaurant and again it was beautiful. The staff gave amazing service! We all ordered steak and it was cooked to perfection (and I am very fussy about how steak is cooked). We followed this with drinks in Pima bar which had a very relaxed feeling about it. Loved the booths! Staff here also very good, we were served at our booth straight away.

Must give Darren at concierge a mention! We asked him to recommend a place to go out after and his recommendation was perfect. He even remembered us the next day and seemed interested in our night.

All in all it was a perfect stay and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We were met at desk by a lovely receptionist Danielle who welcomed us and arranged for me to have a suprise bottle of wine and board of cakes courtesy of Hilton hotel for my birthday wich was amazing! A young lady called Natalie delivered the wine and cakes to my door and was very friendly and invited us for complimentary drinks in the executive suite lounge. She was very approachable and handed us snacks and was a great hostess! the room was spotless and very spacious everything we required for our stay was there. beds are so comfortable. overall brilliant stay! deffinately will come again :)

Room Tip: executive suite very spacious perfect view of chavasse park lit up at night :)
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
jordandonnelly1
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Liverpool in February and had a most enjoyable stay. The hotel has superb parking facilities (at the adjacent Liverpool 1 complex) so it was so easy to ditch the car. The staff are supremely friendly and were keen to ensure that we had everything that we needed during the stay.
The room was superb with floor to ceiling windows and views across the city. (we paid the cheaper upgrade price offered after booking, and I would definitely recommend this)
The hotel is very smart and has all the little amenities that make a stay away from home so special - there are even shoe shining machines by each lift.
We had out breakfast served to our room in the morning and it was definitely one of the best we have had in any hotel - piping hot, tasty and presented well.
The location is great with the Liverpool 1 shops right on your doorstep, as well as a 5 minute walk to a huge array of bars and restaurants.
This is the perfect hotel for a city break and I would definitely stay here again!
The only negative is the room can get VERY hot, so I suggest turning the air con down before retiring for the night.

Room Tip: Room 202 had great views over Liverpool 1, which looks fab at night.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Bern
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed two nights, two rooms. Executive Floor. Multiple requests for the promised bathrobes were at first met with "I'll see to it" but after 2 days the truth came out : "we don't have nearly enough for all the Exec Rooms. It took us 36 hours to get a second bath towel (same excuse as the bathrobes.) On 5 occasions we requested a soap dish, which never came : "we don't have any spare", so spent half the time retrieving soap from floor. The promised in-room mineral water never appeared in either room on either day. None of the usual Diamond Member welcome goodies. The list was almost endless and too detailed to go into here. Suffice to say that not even the minimum of service was delivered and the rooms were not even fully equipped with even basic needs : one small shower gel for 2 people for 2 days! We ended up going out and buying our own. As for the Executive Lounge, this was, in the main, a joke. Overcrowded, dirty, not properly serviced with either food nor drink. Happy hours are from 18:00 to 20:00. On our first night, when nothing had appeared at 18:30, I went down to reception and asked for for a Duty Manager in order to ask him/her what was going on. I was informed that this wasn't their usual service and that Happy Hour would be extended pro-rata. Needless to say, at 19:50 the staff started clearing things away. Before 20:00 there was no longer any food nor alcoholic drinks to be had. In comparison to every other European Hilton Lounge I've visited, this is by far a long way from the norm. I had to speak to staff about various problems on about 6 or so occasions and the Duty Manager twice. None of my concerns were addressed, not least of all the appalling language from guests that is apparently deemed to be acceptable in the Exec Lounge. The staff do absolutely nothing at all about this and don't even try to ask people to watch their language. It wasn't a question of the odd case : on the first night there were 10 or 12 people at different tables f'ing away (and worse) and, on our second night, another dozen or so, mostly different, people doing exactly the same! Funnily enough, all of them seemed to have a local accent. In short, not a place to bring children and not a place to have a relaxing time. Happy Hour in this hotel consists of sub-standard snacks, warm white wine, crowds of people hoarding several bottles of beer in one serving, virtually non-stop f-words and c-words etc. and the staff not giving a hoot! Liverpool itself has undergone a massive face-lift and cleanup... all that's left now is for the people themselves to clean-up their act. As this is extremely unlikely to happen in our lifetime, or probably ever, I would not suggest a visit to Liverpool - despite its new attractions - and especially not to this hotel in particular. A disgusting ambiance in a hotel staffed mostly by uninterested staff managed by incompetent "leaders"... and I heard enough f- and c-words in a 4-hour period, to last me at least 4 lifetimes.

Room Tip: If you want a good room : choose a different hotel...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family