“Weekend spoilt by no heating in room”
Review of Novotel Liverpool

Novotel Liverpool
Ranked #37 of 100 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We booked 3 rooms at the Novotel for our wedding on the Saturday, it was spoilt by the bad service.
The food and beverage departments at the hotel are very good and offer a great customer service, the bar staff were very helpful and went the extra mile as did the catering.

Unfortunately the executive room we booked had had a very hard mattress and no heating it was very cold, we reported this to reception shortly after our arrival and was met with a negative response from the female reception staff, I was informed that all the mattresses were bought from the same shop so their obviously all the same, what a surly attitude, we stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and reported the heating every day, it was never fixed and no apology was ever received, the reception lady offered a fan heater on the last night, this was OK but why didn’t they do something about the problem on the Thursday instead of waiting until Sunday evening.
I spoke to The general manager prior to my departure, the whole thing was full of passiveness
I would have at least expected a partial refund.
Totally disgusted with this type of attitude and service.

It will be a long time before I book this hotel again,, it is unfortunate because the F&B were excellent.
Don’t take Room 208.

Room Tip: Don’t get Room 208, the heating did not work, curtain falling off. Stains on carpet.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
1  Thank Peterinamsterdam
Write a ReviewReviews (2,482)

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I (63) female joined friends for weekend as they were attending the Ecco Arena ( Good location for the arena) Parked in the Q car park adjacent which was reduced for the stay.
Lot of children staying that weekend but all well behaved. Great location and great for shopping also visited the Cavern club on the saturday afternoon a real treat at £2.50 well worth the visit. Lots of “real” pubs and great atmosphere all very friendly. Room was quiet and comfortable - my heating was not working but was given a heater in request. Staff young and polite. Breakfast was of good quality (self service) in casual dining area.

Room Tip: I was on second floor - street side and apart from a little late night revelling it was just fine
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
Reviewed 19 December 2017

I was attending a funeral that's why I chose this hotel. First room 803, dirty linen on bed, bathroom floor tiles had grout missing from it will cut the foot exiting the shower and mini bar light is on the blink. Second room 628 not much better, dirty linen yet again this time it had a cigarette burn hole in it, it was an adjoining room with red smears on the door dread to think what it could be? Third room was upgraded executive suite 534, chap came to inspect it with me. As he left I want to draw the curtain and hear a drip drip drip sound, opened the curtains to find the bad weather was seeping in had made a big puddle. Cracks around the window, plaster coming off the walls, stains from water damage from previous bad weather was visible. Called reception three times no answer each a minute or so long, finally the chap picked up, I explained he apologised and came to check. Couldn't see or feel anything thing, utter disbelief and very annoyed this point. I showed him and then he said he'll get maintenance to check in the morning and have a word with the manager to see if I can get reimbursed for the troubles and it was logged for reference. Saturday I attended a funeral in the morning and didn't return until 9 in the evening. Spoke to the same chap he said manager was only there in the morning, I upset and frustrated with the mislead information. Went to my room the bed was made, didn't have fresh toiletries and the cup I used the previous night was just put back on shelf still smelling of the tea. Thanks chamber maids for the pleasant room Morning check out at reception there was a young lady with no name badge. I asked to speak with the manager, she replied yes. 10-20 seconds later she then replied I'm the manager, awful hospitality manners for a well established hotel. I asked if she knew of the incidents occurred with my rooms she replied no, no information was given. I told her what happened she blankly apologised and said can only give 25% reimbursement for the trouble. Not the sort of apology for the troubles I went through, not very sympathetic or had any empathy with the customer.. Awful Experience regarding service and professionalism this hotel had to offer what an utter disgrace. Especially when I had to deal with a loss of a loved one and then having to come back and deal with the poor service from the staff at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
3  Thank JackJack178
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Location is great to explore the city. It’s very close to the main street, loads of shops and restaurants nearby. Staff helpful, good breakfast and the excellent location makes it a very good choice if you’re visiting Liverpool.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Excellent night, we had our daughter with us in a separate room which was located next door with a further reassuring door to enter. The rooms were spacious . The only feedback is the light switches which I found difficult to control in the dark. From what I could make out you had to walk in the dark to the door to switch the lights on.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Dear Timothy,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Liverpool Centre.

Cyril Bulvestre