“Relaxed Atmosphere....”
Review of Hug A Mug

Hug A Mug
Ranked #23 of 102 Coffee & Tea in Liverpool
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Description: A family owned, run and built coffee shop in the heart of Gateacre Village. We serve home-baked cakes and locally sourced produce.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is a nice little cafe set in the heart of Gateacre Village and is a venture which I hope continues to thrive.

We called in for breakfast, and whilst a Full English is not on the menu, the Breakfast Bap was certainly very tasty and had good quality ingredients and was reasonably priced. I had Bacon and Sausage on mine and it was delicious.

Staff are very friendly and there is a nice relaxed atmosphere. We were lucky enough to get a table by the window and were able to watch the cars on Gateacre Brow dodging the potholes.

There does not appear to be any parking for the café but despite that I am sure it will do well and flourish. There is a Sensory Room downstairs which opened today when we were there and judging by the number of children and parents who came through the door while we were there, then there is no doubt the café will be successful.

We would definitely return.....

1  Thank Noel W

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Hug a mag have a very friendly relaxed atmosphere due to the staff. We had the Club Sandwich which was very large. We enjoyed the coffee and specialty tea’s that they serve. Very reasonable prices. Will visit again.

1  Thank meddy65
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Spent a few hours at Hug A Mug today and sampled their coffee, tea, quiche with salad and Victoria sponge. All of it was excellent - and I'm really fussy!
Their locally roasted coffee is honestly the best coffee I've had for such a long time, it's clear that the owners are passionate about quality.

The atmosphere was lovely, a mix of customers from young mums and courting couples to old friends putting the world to rights whilst sharing delicious freshly-baked cakes. The staff were very friendly, seem to really enjoy their jobs and nothing was too much trouble. Really impressed and I'll definitely be coming again to this fab cafe.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Walked up to Gateacre village today with my friend and it was always our intention to stop at this coffee shop. We both had a latte and shortbread. The girls who served us were lovely and we both thought the cake and coffee good. I would r3 on end this to anyone with just one small fault. I thought that the tables and chairs on the upper level were too close together as there was very little room between them. On the whole though we enjoyed our little break.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Found this lovely cafe by chance when visiting family nearby. Staff were very patient and very helpful when I couldn't decide which cake to have. They all just looked so appetising. I opted for the chocolate and rhubarb cake and was not disappointed. I will return to try some others. Good coffee too and the children loved their hot chocolates with all the trimmings. I wish this new coffee shop the best of luck and I will definitely return when back in Liverpool. Thank you for a most pleasant pit stop.