“First time visit; food was out of this world. 100% recommend”
Review of Wreckfish Bistro

Wreckfish Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wreckfish Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 1,960 Restaurants in Liverpool
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I visited Wreckfish with my partner for my birthday meal. We had heard really good things about the food and our expectations were high. We ordered from the Mon-Thurs 18:00-19:00 menu, two courses for £15, or three for £20.

Although the food was cheap, it was absolutely fantastic! I would have happily paid £20 for my main alone (featherblade beef). My partner's food was as equally tasty.

Overall the bill came to £63 for 5 courses a side and a bottle of white wine (£21), which is good value considering the quality of the food.

The only disappointment was the lack of birthday celebration plate, as seen in previous photos here, however maybe the staff were busy as this was not provided.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The standard of the dishes being served here is to be admired. The skate wing was roasted in tonnes of butter and was exceptional. Great beers by the bottle and boozy cocktails were great, loved the ‘marmalade on toast’ warm cocktail. Awesome place you’ve got here in a great location. Can’t wait to try the final restaurant of the four on Thursday when we visit Hispi :) Great service also!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Incredible place with delicious food. We couldn’t get a private table for two so we had to sit on the communal/bar table however we sat on the end closest to the kitchen which was actually a delightful experience. I enjoyed being able to have sight of the chefs and the food being freshly prepared and plated up right next to us. The menu was varied and all the dishes we had we loved ! Beef and lamb cooked to perfection. Very pleased with the service and the food. Next time would love to get a table downstairs for two beautiful surroundings. They even organised a little surprise for our special occasion. I would recommend Wreckfish to anybody and will definitely be going back. Thank you to all the staff and chefs for making our experience wonderful.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My friend took me for my birthday ... she knows a good place to eat my friend .... WOW the service, food, staff and chefs where amazing ... food was excellent ... wine excellent .... cheeseboard excellent ... port excellent ...so all in all.... excellent

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Straight to the point - the food was excellent. Everything that we ate was very well cooked to a high standard. The restaurant itself is also very nicely decorated throughout and someone has obviously paid a lot of attention to detail. Its just a shame that the overall service and front of house team failed to match the standard set by the kitchen. It was the little things that let it down. We weren't offered a drinks menu until we'd been sat down at our table for 10mins. The wait for food was quite long and in general we were left feeling a bit cold by the approach of the whole waiting team. Finally, we had to ask for the bill twice - despite being the only people left in the place. These details might seem nit picky, but if you're setting yourself out as an above mid-range restaurant, you really should be paying more attention.