“loved the food”

Price range: US$45 - US$58
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Dine in widescreen at Panoramic 34. Offering the finest food, a warm atmosphere and cinematic views of the city below. Creditcard details are required for all bookings.
“loved the food”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

we did the lunch menu which was good value and the service was impeccable

Visited February 2012

• Finnish first
“The best view in Liverpool”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Set on the 34th the restaurant has wonderful views over Merseyside. Need to book. Try and get a window table. Sunday lunch menu very reasonable at £21 for two courses. Good for business, romantic or just a good meal out

Liverpool
“Lovely Food - Fabulous View - No Service”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I booked this restaurant after recommendation from a friend for my husbands birthday. It was a Friday night. The booking was made 2 weeks in advance and I asked for a window table to impress as my husband is from Manchester!! We were really looking forward to it.
Upon arrival you have to be let in at the doors on the ground floor. 2 people on a small reception were not interested who was outside - we couldn't find a way of buzzing it wasn't clear in the dark so we banged on the window. They let us in and rang upstairs. We waited a few minutes while the girl on the phone discussed something else and was shown up in the lift - my husband didn't know where we were going until we arrived and he didn't think it was a good start then. Time was 8.20 for 8.30 booking.
We were asked if we would like a drink first in the bar - we said yes and were very nicely shown to seats with a drinks menu - 15 minutes later we were still sat there. Someone eventually realised we were waiting and apologised taking our drinks order. Again what seemed like ages the drinks arrived. Another long long wait we had to ask for some menus - our feet were freezing and we were cold. There seemed to be some sort of draft around the floor - maybe due to the glass windows to the floors. I had to ask for someone to get us another drink and take our order - it was nearly an hour since we arrived and we had well finished our first drink. The waiter apologised for the wait and said he would make sure we would get a nice table ? thought I had booked one ??? We were took over to our table. Starter arrived, lovely. No service for our drinks we had to go and get the bottle out of the ice bucket and I had to again ask for another drink for myself. Main course was lovely and not a long wait for the food. We couldn't be bothered ordering a dessert as we were so disappointed and we were a bit chilly. We paid the bill minus the 10 percent service charge added and got up to leave. Nobody came over and asked us if we were unhappy and we did see they noticed us at the lift. There seemed to be plenty of staff but dispoganised. Would I go again - NO. If you do book and are lucky to get some service go early before it gets busy.

2 Thank BevHowarth
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly, professional staff - great atmosphere, so relaxing.”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Our second visit to the Panoramic this time visiting with 'first timers'. Views fantastic and food good but best of all were the staff and their attitude to customers. Very attentive, friendly and professional and lovely relaxing atmosphere - no rush to move on at any stage.

A lovely place for a special occasion. Thank you.

Essex, United Kingdom
“Something Special”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We enjoyed a great lunch at Panoramic 34, the highest restaurant in the UK. Last Friday was a freezing cold day with little sunshine, but the views were still magnificent and as we booked a table for noon, the restaurant was still fairly empty and I was able to walk around and take photos from all angles. We took advantage of the 3 course lunch for £25 (two courses for £21). The service was excellent, professional, but not pretentious. Richard was particularly noteworthy and had a charming manner. Take a look at the photos I've downloaded for portion size. I think it varies depending on the dish one orders. I was most surprised at how large my lamb shank was and the crispy salt cod was something quite different and excellent. The French beans were rather too hard and crunchy for my liking, but perhaps they were meant to be like that. The halibut with risotto was also good, but not a large portion, particularly if a man were to order it for his main course. The bread and chocolate butter pudding was very tasty, but the rice pudding was nothing special, although the apricot ice cream was delicious. If we went again, we would only order two courses. I think it must be marvellous to watch a sunset from there. The bar is very nice, although the cocktails are rather expensive. It's a great place, especially for a special occasion and although the a la carte is more pricey, there are often special offers. At the moment there is a BOGOF on Sundays, which sounds very good, alongside the lunch offer. The only thing we both did not enjoy was the music - a fair amount of Jazz, Standards and Lounge music. None would have been preferable to that.