All reviewsbrisketstreet noisebig bathroomnice mealroom was spaciousexcellent locationmanageressslatemains
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My husband I visited the resturant on a busy Friday night. It had been recommended to us by friends.
We had nachos to startfollowed by the sliders for myself and a burger for my husband.
The food was hot, fresh & tasty. The portions were generous too!
The reason that we haven’t given it 5 stars is because the service was pretty slow.
We’ll be returning!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2018

First time visit and was very impressed with the place and quality of the food (American style burgers/brisket). Very nice selection of beers also completed the meal. Minor complaint would be that they serve the food on slates, what’s wrong with plates?
Will definitely visit again

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Having arrived on a quiet night without any need to book ahead we waited 35 minutes until we were able to order our food, and this after directly asking the waitress twice previously if she would take our order. Considering there were a minimum of 6 members of staff front of house this was definitely a below average customer service experience. When we did finally get our order taken it transpired that our choice of food was no longer available and we had to order something else. When the food did arrive it was nice enough, but nothing spectacular and not good enough to make up for the below average customer service. Probably won't bother visiting again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Booked the hotel for 1 night to visit our daughter at the University.
Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff and arrangements made for parking. We were taken to our room, number 2, and were amazed at the size. The room itself was fantastic and clean with everything we needed. Ok there were no toiletries but I do tend to take my own anyway and would definitely not mark this down as an issue. The bed was huge and fantastically comfy.
We did not eat here as we had already booked elsewhere but did finish our evening off with a couple of drinks in the bar which were well priced.
All in all a lovely stay and would definitely recommend.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Stayed for two nights on 12th and 13th February.

Room clean and tidy, bed comfortable, perfectly adequate for our needs. Tea and coffee making facilities and the room was serviced daily.

We were in room 4 and experienced no problem with noise as mentioned by other reviewers. This may be because we were at the back of the hotel or the fact we were not there over a weekend.

Staff from the proprietor down were without exception polite, helpful and friendly.

Free parking at the rear of the hotel, access via a "hole in the wall" immediately to the side of the building. Take it steady when approaching, try not to overshoot the entrance like I did !

Location is excellent for both upper and lower town with several bars and restaurants nearby. Bear in mind if you intend to visit the cathedral or castle on foot, whilst it's not too far to walk, you will have to climb up Steep Hill. My wife, who walks with the aid of a stick, was able to manage it on both days of our stay, just took it slowly.

The only thing I didn't like was the price of the beer, at something over £4.00 for a pint this came as a bit of a culture shock ! This may be the norm for Lincoln but to give it a bit of context I'm used to paying £2.70 a pint at my local.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple