See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Stayed here last week with a group of 5 females. Firstly, if you get scared by old buildings, this isn't then one place for you. We arrived around 6.30pm and wanted to have something to eat in the in the house. The first first issue we came across was that therewas no oven glove or tea towels, the second issue was that the oven tray was So dirty it set the fire alarm off. We then discovered you had to get someone from the bail house hotel to come round to turn it off. We complained about the state of the tray and she apologised and cleaned it for us there and then. The next day we then came across our third issue which was that the shower leaks under the door and into the kitchen, the toilet seat was also broken from the start (the toilet is seperate to the shower and is actually in the kitchen). The lady from bail house got hotel again apologised and said they knew about the toilet seat and would send someone round to fix it (should have already been done!) The plates were filthy And looked as though they hadn't been washed from the previous guests (food still on them). Cobwebs everywhere and a used cigarette on the landing covered in lipstick. The bedrooms were the only clean part of the place. Not impressed with this place at all and certainly won't be returning!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank beccap554
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Overall our stay at Pemberton house was ok, the style of the building is gorgeous. Then bed was comfortable, there was no dust on anything etc, however the hotel guests have to share a bathroom, a toilet and a kitchen- this was the annoying part.

After staying here with my partner on my birthday, I was very disappointed by another guest waking me up at 7am having a shower- which was directly above our room and we could hear every loud footstep and knock/bang from the other guests using the toilet/bathroom- we could even hear the water hitting the shower floor. Every time the toilet flushed it was heard in our room too.

So basically a very nice place to stay, but if you want a lie in, you've got no chance.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I booked a one night stay at pemberton house. The page stated that my payment went through on booking.com and all was booked. I realised that I still hadn't had a confirmation email. I have tried to get in touch with pemberton house but can only get hold of a sister hotel. The sister hotel has sent numerous emails to pemberton house asking them to contact myself but I still haven't heard anything back. I had nowhere else to stay and have finally found a hotel but it is more expensive and a lot further away from the centre. Very disappointed as pemberton house still haven't contacted me

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bassetranger
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Very quick and prompt response to my enquiries, and they far exceeded my expectations with their reply. Highly recommend this hotel, and would definitely consider staying here when I visit Lincoln in the future

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve W
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We parked up near the hill at 6.15 and eventually checked in at 7.15. The phone number given on Google kept ringing and after trying four times we gave up with no answer. When we eventually found the poorly signed rooms, the 'out of hours' number was behind a cracked piece of glass which made it difficult to see. We then checked in at a different hotel down the road and was told by the receptionist, "Lots of people have trouble finding us," which is what the man on the out of hours number told us too. We then eventually got to our room but were late for a special occassion party.
When we checked out the next morning and showed the receptionist the phone number we had been dialling, she said it wasn't even the right number. She was extremely apologetic and got us a hot drink but it wasnt her fault anyway.
This could be resolved by putting a clear sign on the Pemberton House with a clear phone number, and making sure the correct phone number is on Google search!
The room was fine but after the whole experience, it didnt matter anyway. We were given a code for free wifi but it didnt work.
I have attached photos showing the number that is apparently incorrect and the tiny sign and out of hours number which is very difficult to see in the dark.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple