All reviews steep hill roman arch the da vinci code lovely guesthouse full english lovely breakfast groupon voucher family room perfect place to stay short walk to the cathedral top floor limited parking powerful shower cooked breakfast excellent location beans castle area
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

It doesn't quite meet the description of luxury but it is certainly clean and comfortable and the location, so close to the cathedral and castle is excellent.
Breakfast was good, although I would prefer the bacon to be cooked freshly rather than kept warm and going dry.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2018

The initial impression is not so good as entry is by means of a coded door lock, the code for which is sent to you by e-mail. Once we had sorted that out though and found reception the welcome was friendly.
We had one of the rooms in the new extension to the back of the Guest House. It was comfortable although the bed frame did squeak!
Breakfast was good with the cooked breakfast freshly prepared.
The location of this Guest House is very convenient for uphill Lincoln the nicest part of the city.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely guest house we booked direct last minite and were kindly given a discount and an upgrade. Our room was modern clean and very big. Little touches like tea coffee biscuits and bottled water in our room. Very handy usb port for charging your devices if needed. We parked round the back with no problem at all. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty and the ladies that served us were chatty and friendly. My husband asked for black pudding and it was no problem. Only 5-10 minute walk from the arch that leads you to the cobbles of Lincoln. Lovely quaint shops,cafes along the way down to the castle and cathedral which are a must to visit. It's very steep but worth it. Modern shops are down at the bottom. Plenty of restaurants also down by the canal. There are tour buses and boat trips to take you round if you wish. Will definitely return to Lincoln and Newport guest house.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

The Newport Guest House was very clean and tidy with a friendly feel. The rooms were well equipped but very small and quite disappointing for the money. The rooms were very hot and we were unable to cool them down to sleep well, however we understand that the weather recently has been extreme.

The layout of the breakfast room was lovely, with cereals, yoghurts and juices available alongside a cooked breakfast. The cooked breakfast was of good quality, however what was described as a ‘Full English’, we found to be lacking - No tomatoes, mushrooms or hash browns. The plate consisted of two rashers of bacon, egg, beans and 1 sausage (another had to be asked for). Unfortunately, on both mornings, the gentleman seemed to be in a rush to clear away, so much so that my Mum’s plate was almost taken away from her twice whilst she still had toast with bacon inside it in her hand. When she mentioned that she hadn’t finished, the reply of ‘Well your knife and fork on your plate indicates to me you have’ seemed quite rude and unprofessional. I feel plates shouldn’t be removed until the whole table have finished eating, however this may be personal preference.

The location is great, just on the way into town and perfect for a Bishop Grosseteste graduation.
Overall, a good visit, however slightly on the pricey end for a B&B, in comparison to other similar places in other cities I have stayed in.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Mike C, Owner at Newport Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

I can only apologise if I appeared rude, it is certainly not my intention but most people do prefer a clear space once they have finished their breakfast and the position of the cutlery does communicate the plate is now finished with.

We do offer a simple but very high quality breakfast that is, as you will see, generally highly appreciated. The portion size is ample for most people but we are happy to top up on anything on request, just ask!

I have checked and there is definitely no heating on at the moment, all rooms have fans to assist your comfort but other than that, we all just have to suffer the sweltering heat like everyone else on the planet.
I therefore suggest that we cannot be blamed for your lack of quality sleep although I will happily take the blame if it makes you feel better!!!

Thank you for your review and we do genuinely appreciate your positive feedback.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

I booked three rooms for a reunion of old friends and they have all told me how comfortable, clean and high spec the rooms were. Breakfast was similarly good. Mike was very helpful with the planning and very welcoming.
Always a worry when you are booking for others but they were all happy.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

They were all very well behaved too, delighted we could be of service.