“Food amazing, but service is now terrible”

The Tower Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 447 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$27 - US$64
Cuisines: Bar, British, International, European, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Here at the Tower Restaurant our menus are written according to the season. We feel this captures the very best produce available at the time and ensure quality and freshness of the dishes we can offer to you.Head chef Darren Rogan and his team are constantly striving to achieve perfection in his eclectic menu. He relishes being creative and pushing the boundaries of gastronomy with different flavour combinations and ever evolving cooking techniques. We believe that dining out should be a hassle-free experience for all, and therefore we have Vegan, Coeliac and lactose intolerant menus at the ready. Should you have any other dietary requirements please do not hesitate to contact us.Booking is strongly advised to avoid disappointment.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Food amazing, but service is now terrible”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Ive been to The Tower for lunch with friends this afternoon and I cant believe the price rise. But the worst thing about this afternnon was the service and the time we had to wait for two burgers. Would go if your not in a rush, otherwise try something else

• Visited April 2012

Durham, United Kingdom
“Great food.”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Booked a table for my husbands 30th and we were not disappointed. Great service and atmosphere. Food delicious and reasonably priced for the quality.

Visited March 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Culinary Experience”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Those that know me know that I eat in a lot of restaurants, not just in the UK but around the World. My Mum lives outside of Lincoln and so when I visit we often go out and sample the local fayre. My first foray into Lincoln cuisine was The Old Bakery which was one of the worst experiences I have ever had and completely put me off, but thank the Lord that I found The Tower Restaurant, it has restored my faith in the cities eateries.

We came here for the Mothers Day menu which was a Sunday Lunch type menu but with a few twists. For starters I had a Ham Hock Boudin which was presented excellently and came with a fantastically appropriate sweet and sour Rhubarb compote and some odd but fun mustard popcorn (yes actual popcorn). The portion was just right to get the juices flowing and it really did get them flowing, tasty and well matched flavours.
Next I had ordered the Shoulder of Pork, nothing too fancy on the face of it but boy was it done well. For me the true art of cooking is to present everyday foods perfectly cooked in a way which makes the experience unique and this is what was produced. Everything from the juicy well seasoned slices of pork to the strips of perfectly crispy crackling was dreamy. The mustard mash was just the right portion size and the Apple and Fennel compote was a great compliment, I did find the apple slightly overpowered the fennel but it all worked so whats not to like?. Dearest Mother had the beef and it was pink, juicy and did I mentioned the homemade yorkshires that came with both meals. These were non greasy yet crisp and full of taste, so easy to get these wrong but they were so right. Mother was overjoyed - mission accomplished.
Finally the dessert, we both had the Mascarpone Panacotta which came with these homemade shortbreads, a rasberry creme pattiserie and Sauvignon Blanc Granita. The Granita was like a pallette cleansing taste explosion, like a sorbet but with fireworks, never before I have had a more satisfying, tasty, yet refreshing sweet, what a finale. On the table next to us the guy was almost crying with joy at his cheescake, so many desserts...so little time.
No doubt in my mind I am back here for another meal, this place exceeded all of my expectations and more besides. The service by the way was also perfect, the young lady serving us was polite, friendly and efficient...really great all round effort.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Adrian B
Lincoln
“Special Meal - Go for the Tower Restaurant!”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We have eaten here many times, if you just want a good quality meal eat in the bar area, but if you want something a little bit special eat in the restaurant, excelllent service, food that may just make you say 'Wow' and a lovely experience for that special occasion!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank sharonandjohnLincoln
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Delicious food”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Had a very enjoyable evening. Service was excellent and the food was delicious. Not sure about the "plates" though! Blocks of granite, that are quite heavy and I should imagine difficult for the staff to pick up. Cutlery easily slides off if not careful! Would have been so much better eating off a plate.

• Visited March 2012