We arrived in Leicester by train, and we were glad that we'd got a "walking route" from the station to the hotel, as it is tucked away down a side street. As is always the case I had asked for a "quiet room". At this hotel the quieter rooms overlook the Casino car park. (The other side of the hotel looks onto the busy ring road) The reality is that in the summer there is no such thing as a quiet room for residents of this hotel. You have to have your window wide open to keep the room to a reasonable temperature, consequently the banging car doors, shouts of disappointed casino punters, early morning reversing dustbin lorries combine with the sirens of the ambulances travelling along the dual carriage way to constantly disturb your sleep. Let's hope it's quieter at cooler times of the year!
Despite all of that, this hotel has a number of advantages. There is a Wetherspoons just a few yards away so you can eat a much cheaper breakfast than the Travelodge option. There are lots of chain restaurants at the end of the shopping centre. An Indian restaurant next door to the hotel looked interesting but as there was no menu on display we were loathe to risk a trip in. If you want to go the the Guildhall or the Cathedral they are only a short walk away. The bedrooms were larger than average, the bed comfortable, the bath had a fixed head shower provided, the towels were clean and we didn't pay a lot.
The reception staff were lovely and very helpful. They provided good customer care, were well informed about local services, and dealt promptly with issues. They were good enough for this review to move up from a 3 to a 4 star rating.
If you are thinking of booking this hotel my tips would be:
1. Take all you own toiletries, as Travelodge foam soap and shower gel is dreadful
2. Ask to be as far away from the lift as possible
3. Pack earplugs if you are a light sleeper
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Leicester Central hotel is perfectly located for those visiting this Roman city. Whether you want culture from the Haymarket Theatre, shopping at the Highcross Centre or football at the King Power Stadium, it's all here. The city boasts the National Space Centre, a must-see for wannabe astronauts, along with the New Walk Museum, with exhibits covering everything from Ancient Egypt to Victorian Art. Or grab a drink on buzzing Belvoir Street. Our new Business Floor Room option guarantees you a room on one of our quieter business floors. All rooms feature a comfy king size bed with four plump pillows and a cosy duvet. Our on-site restaurant and bar serves breakfast and tasty evening meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelodge Hotels Ltd so you can book your Travelodge Leicester Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Leicester Travelodge
- Leicester Travel Lodge
- Travel Lodge Leicester
- Travelodge Leicester Central Hotel England