All reviews harry ramsdens motorway service area trouser press light switches petrol station pit stop wrong side room was clean free wifi continental breakfast budget hotel powerful shower family room needed somewhere night stay plug sockets visiting friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I needed an over night stay to break up a long journey and so booked the Days Inn for £45 on a Sunday night. I was really delayed because of an M1 closure, but received such a smiling warm welcome from the man on reception. The room was clean, warm, quiet and comfortable. Plenty of supplies: shower gel, tea, coffee etc. Very pleasant lady on reception the next day too. The whole experience greatly exceeded my expectations and I would use Days Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here following a day at legoland- a family with a 4 year old and young baby.
We booked online about 9pm and arrived couple of hours later.
We were greeted by a friendly pair on reception who were pleasant in answering my confused fatigued enquiries! There was a slight misunderstanding over the need for a cot but one was delivered to our door in minutes.

The room was warm and stuffy, not brilliantly solved by the window which would only open a couple of inches.
There is the expected road noise from the motorway- we weren’t bothered by it.

Overall clean fresh room and a welcome stopover.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We popped in for a bite to eat on bank holiday Monday. The staff were so friendly and polite. We had fish and chips from Harry Ramsdens which was lovely..... washed down with a great cuppa. Great pit stop.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Cheap room, stopped with my partner and our 5 year old daughter on way home from Southampton. Room was clean , it was a warm night had window open wasn't to noisy had a good night sleep . Staff where all friendly and helpful. Only issue really was on the way out going downstairs with cases the cleaner had plugged the Hoover in upstairs and was trailing across the stairs and was a trip hazard no warning signs . My daughter nearly tripped over it , got cable caught on her feet ! There just should have been a sign up to say watch out for the cable. Other than that all good would stay again .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Travelling back from Southampton my wife and I decided to take a break at Leicester Forest Service Station, north bound on the M1. In Starbucks we ordered two coffee's along with two sandwiches at a cost of £15. After a long wait due to staff incompetence resulting in customer orders being incorrect creating chaos within a frustrating lengthening queue. Finally, after receiving our order, we made our way to a seated area close to the counter. This so called dining area was, to put it mildly, a disgrace, paper bags and all manner of food waste strewn on the floor. Alas, the tables did not fare any better. Some had been cleared but none had been wiped or cleaned, the entire area, in my opinion, was a health hazard and should never have been allowed to decline to such a disgusting state.
In my humble opinion, I feel that the customers within that motorway service station are deemed to be a captive commodity and as such are willing to accept what is on offer no matter the cost along with a willingness to withstand such a disgusting dining environment.
I hope with such reviews and customer feed back, service stations such as Leicester Forrest will be boycotted until such times the establishment and staff are brought rapidly to an all acceptable clean and hazard free standard.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family