All reviews travel kettle no tea making facilities petrol station toilet door park and ride what it says on the tin excellent value for money per night basic room continental breakfast all you can eat comfortable bed clean hotel reception staff tea coffee good nights sleep free parking
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped overnight whilst seeing a show locally.
Easy car access and parking. We encountered some issues with the check in as both card machines refused to play ball. The staff member apologised and offered to take the payment later to save us waiting and that he did.
On entering the room we had a king size bed with overhead bunk which looked fun but we didn't need that.
There was adequate hanging space and a desk area with power and usb sockets together with a colour tv and a selection of lighting options on the bed.
The tv remote was a little fractious but as the battery cover was screwed down to presumably deter theft we were unable to wiggle the batteries which would probably have sorted things. I would have told staff about that when we checked out but due to the smart checkout system we didn't see anyone. I feel perhaps a "room issues" pad and pen or a space on the key wallet for comments would be a useful addition.
The bed was very comfortable and although we had the window open we were not disturbed by traffic noise through the night.
There were no tea facilities in the room but they are available in reception so keeping the budget feel whilst providing what the customer needs.
I did however have issues with the coffee machine. When you place your cup on the "cup circle" and select white coffee the coffee is dispensed into the middle of the cup and the milk is poured down the back into the drip tray. Moving the cup to the rear solves the problem but no one tells you this which is wasteful.
We took the very reasonably priced breakfast at about 9am but I was disappointed to see the half full drip tray and overfull rubbish bin had not been addressed. There was a lady present to assist with our selection but she really seemed not to want to be there. We both attempted conversation but were met with a Royston Vasey stare.
Breakfast was a full selection of bacon, scrambled egg, beans and sausage although we felt the sausage was short on meat and the egg rather oversalted. There was also bread to toast, croissants, pain au chocolat, muffins, yoghurt, selection of cereals and muesli and fresh and tinned fruit. I can't see how we could have been offered more at a fiver a pop although we felt a reasonably sized plate would be good rather than the teaplate offered.
My partner was a little disturbed by a rather odd piece of stuff above her bed and all I could do was photograph it and prefer not to investigate further.
The bathroom was clean but unfortunately when my partner switched on the shower the head spun round from the pressure and soaked the whole room. I tried to repeat this feat but failed. We apologised to the polite chambermaid we met and she took it very well which was nice.
The issue I had was with the toilet being right handed. This was of course perfect for my partner but not for me as as soon as I raised my left cheek to wipe, my bare flesh contacted the cold china of the wash basin which can only be described as unpleasant. I do not understand why a "budget" sink has a big square surround when a more curvy offering will solve the problem without losing any practicality.
So really, a great stay in a clean hotel at a budget price. Very happy overall and we will go Ibis when another opportunity arises.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very clean hotel with nice rooms good service and a reasonable breakfast. Only cost £53 one night booked on line. The shower is good but lacks privacy glass screen and is part of the room. we had a front bedroom which was a bit noisy from the very busy road outside

Room Tip: book a rear facing bedroom and book on line a lot cheaper
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
IBLEI, Manager at Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear hylton h,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Budget in Leicester in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

For what it is, a budget hotel, it is acceptable, though at £75 per room I'd question the use of the word 'budget' in the branding as that isn't cheap, remember the adverts of £19 a room for a Travelodge or £29 a room for a Premier Inn, which offer better everything in comparison. The breakfast included bacon and scrambled eggs as well as the usual cold selection you get in most places. The fruit options were apples or oranges. Free hot drinks are available from the machine 24 hours a day. The shower and sink being in the room was weird, at least it was decent and had room to move in.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Matt R

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Ibis Budget in Leicester and also thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am delighted to learn that your overall impression of the Hotel was quite positive.

Regarding the rates, we adapt the diffrential price policy whereby, rate is diffrent everyday depending the demand and supply of rooms. Also you get better rate if you book in advance, the earlier you book the better.

The shower and sink in the rooms (remaning rooms) are due to be refurbished by end of 2018. Except the second floor all our rooms have been refurbished with enclosed shower and toilet. We will be delighted to give you refurbished rooms on your next visit.

Once again I thank you very much for your kind feedback on of your stay.
I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis Budget Leicester again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is a short walk from the train station and the city centre, walk in at street level then up one floor to check in, the lady and gent that checked us in were very friendly and helpful, my room was clean and tidy, there was a wall mounted tv, tea & coffee making facilities, and a little area to hang clothes, the bathroom was adequate the shower was quite big with good water pressure and the water was hot, unfortunately the bathroom door wouldn’t close properly. There are plenty of restaurants, bars and shops close by, unfortunately there was an £8.95 charge for breakfast which I totally disagree with, unfortunately most hotels in the U.K. seem to follow this rip off policy so I can’t tell you what breakfast was like.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 3 September 2018

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night on 1st September 2018, we were attending a wedding on that day and just needed a conveinient and cheap place to stay. I booked 2 rooms a triple room for me, my partener and our 15yr old daughter and a double for my 20yr old daughter and her boyfreind, we checked in an hour early which we wanted to check in early as the wedding was at 2pm and didn't want to travel in our wedding outfits, I contacted the hotel before arrival and was told that at least 1 of the rooms would be ready but they may not have both done. On arrival at 1pm we were so please that they had 2 rooms which were ready so we were swopped to these rooms so we could get changed, we should have been charged for £10 each room for early cherck in but wasn't which was great. Our rooms were basic which was what we expected from the name of the hotel.. budget, but both rooms very clean and had everything we needed, our third bed was a bunk bed which we had to make up ourselves but that was no trouble to us and the pillows were hard and we could have done with more which I'm sure we would have gotten if we had asked for, due to the excitment of the wedding we never thought of doing silly us lol.
After a very long and exciting day were dropped into bed thank goodness!!!!
We decided on breakfast here the following morning which was very good with quite a lot of choice and was good value.
All in all this hotel does what it says on the tin..... it's a budget hotel but I would say a good one we are planning anothet stay in October so keep up the good work and we will see you then.

Room Tip: Don't expect 5* it's a budget and all the rooms look the same but all clean.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear 12deb64,

We are really touched by your very positive comments regarding your stay at Ibis Budget Leicester. They are a nice reward for all of our young teams who do their best for the absolute comfort of their guests and their families. Me and my staff thank you again for this very nice feedback

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again at Ibis Budget Leicester.