All reviews wedding venue beautiful venue whole event ball room church bells everything ran smoothly continental breakfast centre pieces town hall clock funky bar wedding planning key code well maintained and clean birthday party great central location room was large restaurants and bars
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Firstly let me start by saying I don't normally write reviews but I had to , to make other people aware.
Me and the missus have been searching man venues for our special day ( wedding ) and decided to go with city rooms as the decor was amazing it's got character and history as well as looking stunning. We had decided our food for the weddig and city rooms were very welcoming and friendly and genuine which is rare nowadays. The staff are friendly and always happy to help but there one person who clearly deserves recognition and her name is Bronwyn. Her helpfulness and professinalism was second to none, me working in the public sector myself am aware of what it takes to have great customer service. Bronwyn was our Co ordinator for our wedding , her genuine personable attitude was amazing best I've encountered she ensure our wedding was exactly how we wanted it. City rooms she is a real asset and great ambassador for your company , myself would hire her without a doubt in fact I believe she deserves a promotion or a bonus . She made our wedding perfect and stress free from start to finish . The food was great delivered on time and turn around time was impeccable. She ensured everything went smooth and to plan. I have already recommended city rooms thanks to bronwyn to my large contact base.she is truly a gem please city rooms recognise her as she is amazing and from the bottoms of our hearts thank you so much bronwyn .we don't see her as staff she is now our friend as well. If you come here ask for bronwyn (sorry means your even busier ) but she gives consistent updates the days following all the way to the wedding day. Truly amazing which I can't stress enough . THANK YOU SO MUCH BRONWYN and if you don't get recognised we wil happily take you our for drinks and free tequila :) much love from Raj amazing and avani

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
thecityrooms, Guest Relations Manager at The City Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hello, thank you so much for leaving us a review and for your kind words. It was absolutely our pleasure to host your special day, we do hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Spectacular team, with utmost professionalism.

I booked the ball room at The City Rooms with both Cherlynn and Bronwyn for my husbands 50th birthday a few weeks ago.
Having booked and organised several events before, I wasn’t sure what to expect; when it’s your own event - you’re often overwhelmed with unnecessary anxiety I guess!

I was and still am astounded by the high level of service from the team at The City Rooms. Both Bronwyn and Cherlynn went out of their way to help with every final detail of the Indian afternoon tea I chosen to have served. From phone calls to emails and even arranging table plans - Bronwyn was on hand each step of the way.

I was also able to mix up the menu to serve to my guests - a bonus! It meant I could have a variety of dishes which was nice.

The surprise element was handled really well with staff on hand “pretending” with me, even when we bought my husband into the venue, just to ensure nothing was given away until we entered the ball room itself - and surprised he was! The guests were really happy too.

I was given ample time to set up on the day and table arrangements were pre organised to every last request that I had made. Bronwyn even provided the centre pieces; helping making things really hassle free for me.
The ball room is rather amazing and so needed little doing in terms of decor. We spent most of our time just arranging final touches which Bronwyn and the team helped out with too. They even picked up a celebratory balloon for us!
The piano made a great prop.

I’ve had a few conversations with individuals after the event and have honestly been able to advise of all things only positive and professional. The price point was perfect too.

Should I require a similar space, for a similar number of guests in the future, I will not hesitate to book again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
thecityrooms, Guest Relations Manager at The City Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi Aisha, thank you so much for taking the time to review us, we are delighted that you, your husband and your guests enjoyed your celebration with us, we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here this week for one night. I was struggling to find the car park so rang through and was guided in by the lovely lady on reception who was ever so helpful. She checked me in and showed me to my room and gave me a bit of info about the surrounding area.In fact all the staff I met were great,very friendly and helpful. The room was great,very large with a huge bathroom and some complimentary water,cereal bars and chocolate. It is in a great location,very handy for the town centre and the huge number of restaurants and bars Leicester has to offer. After eating out I returned to my room around 7pm to chill out and get my head down for a good nights sleep after a long day at work. Unfortunately I got virtually zero sleep. There was a lot of noise from people out in the town to maybe 3am screaming and shouting and as mentioned in previous reviews the windows are not the best sound proof wise. I expected a bit of noise being a central apartment but at times it was ridiculous.The main noise though came from below my window and around the car park area. All through the night there was somebody going out to these bins and banging the lids down without a care that it was the middle of the night. And then they decided to drag the bin out for collection at 5am. The constant ringing of the church bells added to a very restless night. So unfortunately I can’t give a higher review. The place itself is great,really couldn’t fault the room or staff but the noise is a serious issue. If you are looking for a good nights sleep I would think twice.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Ian, thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We take great pride in the hospitality of our team so we are delighted you found us to be welcoming and friendly. Being a grade-listed building, we are restricted in the renovations we are able to make to the building, therefore we do not have double-glazing, this coupled with our City Centre location can mean that noise such as the bells and sounds of passers-by travels to the bedrooms. With regards to the bins in the car park area, we share this area with one of the fast food places next to ourselves and it may have been the case that they used their bins late at night on this occasion. I apologise for the inconvenience caused by this and the bin collection, which is done by an external company, and our General Manager has pledged to investigate this to prevent further disturbance to guests. Thank you once again for your review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I really really wanted to like this place. The unique experience of staying in such a extraordinarily beautiful building, plus the great location and reasonable price, should make it all irresistible. But I had a terrible night's sleep and found the whole stay a disappointment. The room is huge (especially the bathroom - the size of some small hotel rooms itself!) but a lot of the furnishing, etc. is very much in need of replacement, particularly the carpet which is ratty and quite dirty. The bathroom has luxury toiletries and good facilities but uses its massive space awkwardly. The bed has very cheap blankets and pillows, despite 'looking' like a great place to sleep. But most of all, the creaky, uneven floors and virtually zero noise suppression in the place meant that you heard everything all the time, including constant stomping on the floor above. The noise isolation here is honestly worse than a mainland Chinese hotel, and trust me, I've been to some! Which means, above all, you should judge a hotel on the quality of sleep you get there. Despite the fancy building and great location, this is a place for a memorable event, not a good night's rest.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
thecityrooms, General Manager at The City Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review The City Rooms; it was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We take every review very seriously and value the comments of every guest, so I would like to address some of the points you have raised.

Regarding your comment about the size and layout of our bathrooms, you are right in saying they are very large – due to the Grade-Listed nature of the building, there is very little we can do about it. In our bathrooms you will find everything one might expect to find in a bathroom, I am sorry you perhaps found the amount of space awkward, but this is something there is very little we can do to change.

As for the furnishings and carpets in the bedrooms, this is something we are updating. I would also like to assure you that the pillows and blankets we use are of very high quality, sourced from suppliers with a reputation for excellence. However, I am pleased to say we will be investing in new duvets, pillows and linen in the very near future.

Regarding your experience of noisiness, we are situated in the town centre and being a Grade-Listed building we cannot update the windows to double-glazed. This may have played a part in the noise you have referred to. It is also possible that there was a hotel guest in the room above yours, however we would like to investigate the issue of noise a little further, so we will be taking measures, such as having a member of staff stay overnight to review this.

I would like to thank you again for your stay with us, we hope we can welcome you back to our beautiful hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Early December, on a Thursday, we used the City Rooms as a base for a treasure hunt around the city, then all came back for a three course lunch (around 70 of us). Service and food were brilliant and the surroundings are just amazing. A hidden little gem (as in gemstone, not a lettuce) right in the heart of the city.

Date of stay: December 2017