“Slow service”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2017

A bit disappointed tonight , the food was , as always , very good but the service was so slow compared to other visits . I am sure it is just a blip, maybe someone rang in sick . I certainly hope that it doesn't remain like this , the Peking is probably the best 'a la carte chinese in Leicester, and has always impressed before.

I will be going back (again)

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

From start to finish this was a most enjoyable evening. The owner greeted us with a smile and was laughing an joking with us from a start, very quickly reading our reactions to know how far she could take it.

Add to that fantastic food, great service and great decor and you have the makings of a truly great experience. Would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone and will definitely be visiting again

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

After looking for a decent chinese for 5 years since moving up't north...found one!
Freshly prepared, distinct flavours, not overwhelmed with MSG, well balanced sweet, sour, spice.
Mixed starter, lovely.
The crispy duck was probably the best we have ever had, crispy skin and the meat very tasty and moist.
Sizzling pork with ginger and spring onion, gorgeous.
Altogether a fantastic Sunday lunch.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Went here as my Grandson has just passed his GCSE's, we all had a lovely time and the food was all good. The shock came when we asked for the bill, the young man waiter came with with it looked it over and said he had missed the bottle of wine. He then came back with it and it was all in Chinese so could not work it out, we all said it was a bit over priced for what we had, had. We did say we were not happy with it being in Chinese and how fun it was that the owner then said we could have a drink on the house! I would say to anybody using this restaurant to keep a eye on the bill as it is so easy for them to add things to the price and get away with it if you are group.
So after a really nice evening we walked away not very happy today the least, and it will be a long time before I go back there.

1  Thank 1951guide
Reviewed 17 August 2017

My husband and I have been to The Peking twice now, and both times have been exceptional. The restaurant is beautiful inside, and the food available is just fabulous with two menu varieties (one being more traditional food). The first time we went, I had the sizzling squid with green onions and ginger, and the second time we went I had the Szechuan chicken in bird's nest. Neither of us had any complaints, just tastebuds bursting with happiness.

The owner made us feel like she'd known us for years. Personable and with a great sense of humour as well as being no-nonsense, she joked and chatted with us as well as recommended particular dishes to us. I really admired how she'd go from table to table, making sure all was well without coming across as pushy or rude. She's great at recommending dishes, especially according to one's tastes or adventure level. She remembered my husband and I the second time we came in, and it's little things like that that make me feel like a valued customer.