“wedding anniversary”

Ranked #267 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“wedding anniversary”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

me and my husband booked this hotel for 2 nights for our first wedding anniversary last july,but we end up living after first night,we paid £60/night :(( was to old fashion,well Henson hotel its just old ,old carpets and smelly,the room was "clean "staff friendly brekfast room very old fashion def we never book again ,never go back to blackpool!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank nina b
davej1719, Owner at Henson Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
You say you stayed in July and leave a review in November , very odd.
Are you a competitor or a person like we saw on the tv about trip advisor .
Please give me the dates you say you stayed and your name please so I can check this out.
Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2011

The Henson Hotel ... well we have stayed at many hotels in Blackpool over the years from posh to terrible.... and the Henson Hotel is not posh, not terrible just old and musty, the staff try to be friendly but all look worn out ! the bedding was clean but very worn and not changed for the four days we were there .. breakfast was supposed to be self service but as soon as anyone reached the hot food counter the owner raced over to count out the bacon and sausages I was scared I was taking too much food .. bit of a long walk from the hotel into Town so you have to get the bus .. there is a stop just over the road or the tram stop is over 10 mins walk .. one good thing, we were able to park our car right outside the hotel for the four days .. maybe with new bedding and minor repairs in the room .... it would be better .... there was no toilet roll holder and the light over the sink the light cord was broken and filthy dirty .... I have stayed in a lot worse in Blackpool .... it was just ok.

9 Thank Twizz T
davej1719, Owner at Henson Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Thank you for your review in reply may I respond to a few issues.
You will find most hotels will not change your bedding on a four night stay not even the posh ones.
I know about forty different hoteliers and not one of them would of changed your bedding just your towels. As for worn bedding I cannot understand this if anything is starting to wear we throw it away.
As for the breakfast after many different ways of serving breakfast we have found this way the best.
If people are left to help themselves to everything you find a massive waste problem, a lot of people tend to take more than they can eat and this is left on there plates. We do not advertise an all you can eat breakfast but you could have come for seconds you are very welcome our food is usually highly recommended if you read our reviews. As for staff , again we seem to be lucky and have good staff who get rave reviews maybe just a bad day for them , no excuse but it has been a long haul for them seven days a week full most of the time.
Again thank you for your comments.
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend last week and after reading the bad reviews i believe that the people that wrote these are somewhat confused. My girlfriend and I were both extremely pleased with the service that we recieved. The rooms were clean and of a good size, the breakfast was one of the best I have had whilst staying in a bed and breakfast. Will definetly be returning and would recommend to anyone who requires a nice clean BandB with a traditional breakfast.

davej1719, Owner at Henson Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to place a review on trip advisor .
All too often when people are happy with there stay they don't bother placing a review.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights.Terrible service and terrible room- wash basin was in the bedroom not en suite at all .The door frame inside bathroom was missing,and the room was crowded.The owner and one of the waitresses was very rude .Dinner was mostly unedible -Brussels and roast potatoes were served with salmon (what a joke).Chocolate pudding was still frozen.
We will not be returning here again,it was like fawlty towers.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
16 Thank Orbital5
davej1719, Owner at Henson Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2011
Thank you for your review but I am confused. Your room had a vanity sink unit in the room and a toilet and large shower in a separate bathroom I don't understand how you think this is not en-suite maybe you didn't know this room was here I don't know !
as for your meals if you care to read the many reviews on countless review sites you will see our food comes highly recommended maybe you are not used to fresh food.
As for the owner and waitress being rude I would like you to clarify this matte as I do not remember being rude to anybody and as for my staff I always tell them to be nice and polite with everybody but I will not tolerate my staff being spoken to by anybody as if they are second class citizens and always ask them to stand up for themselves and speak for themselves. Again if you look at all the review sites our staff are always scored highly.
I cannot remember who you are but I think you will find you are one of those few people that are never pleased even though people bend over backwards for you. As for not coming back , so be it you will find we are nearly full most of the season so we must be doing something right.
Letchworth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2011

just arrived back from staying at this hotel . Can,t fault it it was very clean the food was exellent ,rooms were clean and beds very comfy which was a suprise as i read a review on here before i went saying how bad it was think this person doesn,t know what they are talking about. the staff were also polite and helpful as were Dave & sue would definitely go back there and recommend it to friends and family

sylvia & dave scaife