1,519 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolkrazy karlchildren's entertainertram stopkids entertainmentsteam roomgames roomnext yearrestaurant staffsea viewfamily suiteevening mealmeal timesspecial thanksfood was lovelygreat holidaynothing is too much trouble
Reviewed 15 October 2016

I visited this hotel with another couple for a 3 night stay on bed and breakfast. Picked this hotel as it was rated highly but was somewhat disappointed. Arrived early and got a parking space but once in it would be difficult to get out as like many other hotels in Blackpool many cars have to be shifted to get one out. Parking inadequate for size of hotel. Despite being early and room not ready reception welcomed us and checked us in so we would only have to collect the key later. When we came back to the hotel to pick up the keys a rude gent barged in between my friend and I which resulted in my friend getting his keys immediately but I had to wait until this rude gent who was obviously known to reception staff got served and discussed everything you could possibly think of. I may have only been 5 minutes but it should have taken 5 seconds.
My initial impression of the room was good but I changed my mind the shower pressure was hopeless and the shower head slipped down to chest height. The toilet paper was the worst I have ever experienced. If you opened the window you got noise from the extraction system if you kept it closed it was too hot.
The entertainment was average but children run amok despite the hotel having a separate room complete with bar for the children's entertainment. At one stage a football was being kicked about the bar.
The breakfast was fairly good but those on bed and breakfast had to wait to find out what restaurant they were to be seated in before being taken to their seat. I think full board people had the same restaurant and seat for the stay.
The indoor pool was hopeless for adults, too shallow but would be nice for children. The indoor pool area was a bit scruffy. The outdoor pool area was very nice, a sun trap, nice place just to sit or lounge and relax. Unfortunately unsupervised children run amok here too despite guests being advised children should be accompanied. My wife was asked to open the door to the sauna by some of these children but refused as she was concerned on safety grounds and suffered a bit of abuse.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dcwight
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Just returned from weekend away staying here.hotel spotlessly clean, rooms modern and plenty of room, staff all happy and pleasant ,entertainment good varied ,food first class plenty of choice and any dietary requirements are not a problem ,dining room manager makes you feel very welcome ,pool ,Jacuzzi, sauna were a bonus lovely and relaxing ,Overall this hotel is the best in Blackpool and I will be returning again

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Alison4765
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Brill hotel go hear all the time food is fab carnt fault at all best hotel in blackpool booked to go in november bingo at night nice bar rooms nice and clean some rooms are bin done up nice walk in to town center or fo on tram go for a swim or just dip in spar staff are brill glad james is bk

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandsteven
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 7 nights, from the moment we checked in to the moment we check out everything was perfect. (Always is as this is our 4th time) We are a young couple and find this the best hotel as its mixed ages and defo not a nursing home style hotel.
The food: A great choice every night and large portions for us big eaters, Breakfast was also very good, The staff in restaurant were very friendly and nothing was an issue especially when i am very fussy.
The facilities: truly amazing for a relaxing 7 nights, the areas are kept very clean. Love the steam room and bonus was the music playing. We had room service also and the time waiting for it wasn't to long and the food looked but most importantly tasted beautiful.
Our room everyday was kept very clean and housekeepers don't get mentioned very much but to me they deserve extra attention as they make the hotel.
I genuinely love this hotel and look forward to returning. Thankyou doric!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lexi W
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Could not have picked a better hotel to stay in Staff could not do enough for me.friendly and caring to all,spacious rooms large dining rooms choice of great meals. tram stop outside, indoor and outdoor pools, out door terraces great break

Room Tip: facing the sea
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends