1,195 results
All reviews tram stop pleasure beach sea view family room lovely hotel sofa bed kids club buffet style shower cubicle reception staff self service quiet area stayed here for one night tea and coffee food was lovely evening meal clean hotel
Reviewed 6 February 2018

well the hotel as excellent the staff were even better the food as fabulous. the weather was not bad(not hotel fault). tis hotel is on the tram and bus routes. and lots to do in town. of course its winter and no rides at the pleasure beach available.

Room Tip: rooms at the front had a sea view
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tonyellis_12
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Stayed again at the Carousel and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We were a party of approx 150 and would highly recommend. Beautiful meals and excellent staff throughout the hotel. Nothing too much trouble. Thanks to all the team for a great time had by all.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
MarkDWilson, Managing Director at The Carousel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear valued guest. Thank you for your extremely kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We thoroughly look forward to hosting you in the future! All the best

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Arrived Friday afternoon and parked right outside the front door. The single room was warm clean and sea facing. I unpacked and walked along the front, however the place was deserted and headed back. All the meals were delicious. We were then entertained by Wayne, who's play your cards right quiz, kept everyone involved along with his unique humour. On Saturday we had two training sessions in decent conference rooms. Wayne was our entertainment in the evening but I think he struggled, but tried valiantly to sing to a much dwindled group of people We had a morning feedback session and the hotel provided everyone with a sandwich/pack to take home The staff all looked as though they were trying to make us all feel welcome. I had a very enjoyable weekend, I would recommend this venue.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Boyfriend booked this as a surprise for my birthday. On arrival staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Room was very cheap online and good quality for what was paid. Clean and tidy. Food here is amazing! We enjoyed dinner and breakfast and I would rate the food 9/10(and I’m fussy) hotel itself is lovely and in a nice quiet area and only 8 minutes tram ride to pleasure beach! I would definitely recommend and will definitely be returning!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2018

We were at the hotel for a birthday party but live 100+ miles away so we decided to stay the night and make a weekend of it. We checked in which was quick and efficient. We didnt fancy the look of the lift so decided to take the stairs. The decor of the hotel is basic, clean and fresh. In places a bit tired, but i do have an eye for detail!

Our room was a family room, featuring the most convoluted sofa bed frame ive ever seen. It folded in more places than i could count! The beds were comfy enough, my 3 year old daughter found it very amusing that her sofa bed was the same size as mummy and daddys!

The room was basic, featured a hairdryer and safe and well stocked tea tray. The wifi was excellent, reaching all parts of the hotel. The bathroom was modern, featuring wall hung sanitaryware. But the shower was tiny! Given the layout of the bathroom, a wetroom may have been more appropriate.

We had sandwiches for lunch the afternoon of our arrival in the bar, which was good value and very nice. The dinner at our party was also very good (yorkshire pudding in lancashire, always a risky choice, but they pulled it off). Breakfast was self service, the usual choices.

When we went to bed there was significant noise from other rooms - kids crying and screaming. Also we could hear the disco 2 floors below, despite the music not being terribly loud. I was woken numerous times unfortunately. The rooms have very little sound insulation.

All the staff seem hard working and willing to please. If youre visiting for the attractions, these are about 2 miles up the coast, though this is well connected by the trams and buses. I can imagine parking at the hotel could be difficult in high season as it has no proper car park, but the surrounding roads have no restrictions.

I would stay here again, though not in high season as the rooms are just too noisy for me.

Room Tip: Sea views are great.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear valued guest, may we thank you for taking the time to leave this detailed review. We are always looking to improve the service we offer our guests, therefore your constructive criticisms are greatly appreciated. We will look into the issues you have raised and address them as may be required. Thank you again and we hope to see you next time you visit Blackpool. Kind regards