US$137
US$48
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$76/night.

The Ruskin Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$82
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel pretty last minute as it's one of the few dog friendly hotels in blackpool. After reading some of the reviews I was dreading it! We arrived to a pleasant welcome. It cost an extra £10 for the dog which I didn't think was too bad. The had a family room which was VERY basic. But it is a budget hotel so wasn't expecting anything flash! Room was clean enough, even though it could have done with some TLC. We only really used it for sleeping in..not sure I could have spent any time chilling out in there! Can't comment on the facilities as we never used them. Beds were comfy enough. Quite a noisy hotel..there was a family next door to us and the noise was ridiculous! Banging and shouting til all hours. We've stayed in worse hotels than this, so overall we had an ok stay. For anyone with dogs there's a nice dog friendly pub across from this hotel called the Gynn, which we found very handy

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night at this hotel with my son. only stayed here as it had a pool. cheap price. arrived told breakfast was extra. pool was £5 each. total stay cost £50. Room was dirty back of hotel. dust on tv inches thick. dirty shower with used soap in shower . pool area was dirty and pool cold. Wrote to manager on my return no rely.
Avoid this hotel at all costs. hilton next door best hotel same price. we should have stayed there. staff unhelpful. The hotel is dirty and unwelcomed.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ailsa M
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We are a family of 4. My boys are 5 and 2. When we arrived at the hotel we were shown to our room. We literally through our bags in it and went out. When we got back at about 8.30pm I realised what a state the room was in. The light was hanging off the wall, the windows were very dirty, the shower floor was loose and had come awsy from the wall, there was no way it was safe enough to step into. The room was so hot because the radiator had been on and there was only a tiny window to open. The ceiling looked as if it was about to cave in and the sheets on the beds didnt look freshly cleaned. I complained to reception only to be told that the manager was not there and there was nothing that could be done at that time of night.
When we were all in bed, I started itching. I pulled the duvet away to see a FLEA!! the horrible thing jumped off the duvet, onto the floor. I was up all night after that, making sure nothing was crawling on my kids.
I complained to the manager in the morning. He told me that the flea would have jumped through the open window!! and that they usual get rid of them!! I am disgusted in the filthynes of this hotel.
I was given only a 20% refund. I will now get trading standards involved.

2  Thank Sarahbenoliver
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived, No Parking, not good when you have 2 kids.

On booking I'd booked to have breakfast on arrival I was told it wasn't in the price and it was extra, there was a lot of extra charge on things like towels using the facilities and so on!

Got shown to our room up on the 3rd floor following the lady from reception up through hall ways that smelt like wee and dirty skirting boards, bit of maintenance needed along the way to the room, (stains on the ceiling on the first floor)
Got to our room, (beautiful view) ceiling was practically falling through, carpets weren't clean, bed bases weren't clean there was a lighting above one bed that just fell that was the last straw!

Went to reception explained to the lady that we weren't willing to stay and we were going to look for somewhere else! Currently waiting on the money they were willing to refund us!

I understand I booked a budget hotel but cleanliness costs nothing! It's a shame as it had the potential to be a lovely place!

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Absolute hell hole! It's disgusting! The bedroom we stayed in .... the pearl suite was foul!!

We looked at the website and decided to book (last minute).

We walked up to the hotel and wondered if we had turned up the the bright and airy hotel that was advertised! You couldn't see through the windows!!! I understand they are by the sea but the windows have not been cleaned for a very long time (inside and out)

I paid the remaining £50 on our £100 room on arrival and actually now know why they ask for money upfront!! Because people wouldn't pay if they saw the room before paying.

Opening our door the the 'pearl suite' was an experience. The smell of damp hit me first.

There was :-
Nail clippings on the floor
Hairs on the floor, bed and bathroom
Milk was over 18 months out of date
Windows thick with dirt on the inside (and outside)

The bed.... no slats so it was half on the floor!!
The bed sheets were foul... we had to go and ask for clean sheet and deal with it our selfs. Some sort of packet of something in the bedsheets!! The sheets haven't been cleaned since the last person!

There are marks in the wall which I can only describe as fee-sees!

If it wasn't so late at night we would have left immediately!

I'm disgusted in my findings and asked for the manager who wasn't in that evening and I asked again in the morning and she wasn't there! I wasn't prepared to wait any longer in that health hazard 'hotel'

Trading standards have confirmed that a hotel room should be clean no matter how much payment is made!
This room was worse that the hostel we stayed in Africa which payment was £3 a night!!

I'm an easy going person but this disgusting 'hotel' pushed me to my limit!!

1  Thank Georgie M