“Queues!”

Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Ranked #1 of 85 things to do in Blackpool
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Kids were very excited about this place but only managed three rides in 3 hours as not only were the queues long but the staff take forever to get the rides started 15 mins in some cases!) and don’t fill each carriage. All a bit disappointing. £70 for the four of us but us two adults had a basic non Rider pass only...its pricey!

Write a ReviewReviews (10,429)
All reviews
"all you can eat"
in 176 reviews
"pepsi max"
in 449 reviews
"wallace and gromit ride"
in 142 reviews
in 111 reviews
"thrill rides"
in 147 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you're expecting Disney, you're in the wrong place!

The Blackpool Pleasure Beach is vibrant, fun and perfect for kids and teens with some pretty hair-raising rides. But it's a bit seedy around the edges. Its a theme park without a real theme and a lot of 'behind-the-scenes' areas are visibly just dumping grounds. The Pleasure Beach provides the thrills but there's no attention to detail - I don't want to see mouldy leaves, miscellaneous wires and tired paintwork while I'm queing for the Alice in Wonderland ride.

That said, it is pretty good value. The day we were there, it rained and the wristband rainy day guarantee meant we could turn up the following day with receipt and wristbands and get in for free.

The younger staff are a bit tired and disinterested - some of the older rides just tired and uninteresting. The food/drink is priced on the high side but, for the most part, tasty.

I'm rating this Very good for some of the rides but, in all honesty, the park overall is only a little above average.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I took my 2 children to the BPB over easter and for a treat decided to purchase 3 x VIP PLUS Speed pass at an extra £50 per ticket over the actual entrance fee. So for the 3 of us it was £250. The only concern I had prior to and during the purchase was that my daughter who is 9 was quite literally on the line as to height. I asked 3 different entrance staff at 3 different locations (incl 1 who was a manager) to ask to confirm if she was at the right height for all the rides. Each measured her and each said yes 'but' they don't have the authority to give a definative ruling as it will be down to the ride 'managers'. I thought it was a little odd but took the chance and bought the VIP PLUS tickets and headed straight to the biggest roller coaster with my fingers crossed. She was measured and thankfully on we went, phew! Now you would think thats all sorted right? er no! We now went over to the Infusion ride. The guy measured her and was uncertain and I explained she had just come of 'The Big One' roller coster which swayed him. Then we went around the park on various other rides with no probs. This was until we got to the 'Skyforce' ride where the VIP device said the ride was cancelled. It clearly wasn't as there were others getting on the ride. The ride 'manager' said he could not let us on and we needed to wait whilst he phoned the service desk. Waited circa 10 mins got bored then went on another ride in the interim. Came back and guess what, yep still cancelled. The guy finally let us on and acted like he was doing us a favour (not bad for £80 per ticket!). I was a little frustrated but carried on enjoying the day. Going on the big roller coasters/Infusion mostly and every now and again Abi (daughter was measured). Each time I had said she has been on each probably 6 or 7 times by now Abi was just getting confused about the whole experience of why she was constantly being measured. The straw that broke the camels back was waiting at the dodgems. The VIP entrance is directly opposite the main entrance. I booked the ride on the supplied device as normal and duly waited. It got to our time to board the dodgems and was basically ignored. Waited for the next round to occur and decided to actually enter the area and attract attention. A 'manager' came over to me and asked me to wait outside. I explained the concern along with the other experiences of the day and got an absolutely disgusting response. I can only describe it as almost belligerent! This conversation escalated at which point I asked him to finish as clearly the issues I experienced through the day were going no where and falling on deaf ears The children and me walked off and continued with the rides. I don't believe I was being paranoid now as it did seem like we were getting funny looks from ride 'managers' which I presumed was because of their walkie-talkie systems. This was probably best confirmed when we headed once again over to 'The Big One' and waited to join the ride. Now this is the funny (ironic) part, Abi was once again measured by the exact same 'manager' who had measured her at least twice previously and I did explain that. Guess what, she had only gone and shrunk!!! yes thats correct the same ride 'manager' who had measured her multiple times previously had now decided she was not tall enough and cited her shoe heels as the reason (same shoes throughout the day which are the normal 'clarke' shoes she wears daily i.e nothing more than standard school shoes). This was the icing on the cake. I have since found out that the company selling the VIP tickets are not the same company that manages the rides.

NOTE: we visited on Easter Sunday. Based on our experience I can categorically state that there we had absolutely no different treatment as VIP PLUS Speedy pass at £50 each as those with VIP Speed Pass tickets at £25 each. Call me a typical english person but I cannot truly ever remember wanting to complain about a service before and at the grand age of 53 I have taken the time to make exception to that here. Despite the rides being absolutely great fun I will never ever spend a single penny in that attraction again and will share my experience as far and wide as possible.

Summary: dont buy VIP Plus tickets they are not worth the difference based on our experience.

1  Thank Rob P
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great day out. The park was not as busy as it was on other visits, which helped. I would certainly recommend coming this early in the season, if you get the weather .

I would recommend buying your tickets online before you go. Even up to 24 hours before you get a good discount. But this doesn't help you get in any quicker. We had to que for over half hour to pick up the tickets. I think it would be helpful to the park and customers if were possible to collect pre booked tickets separately to those paying on day and large groups.

Once in we found the park to be clean and all the staff really friendly and helpful. The staff here were great, fab with the kids and friendly and polite with us adults. I can honestly say that I was taken back by the customer service and attention to detail. At every ride, food outlet and shop we visited, the staff were great. Service was on par with that of Disney.

1  Thank Sam G