3,771 results
All reviews the palm court sea view steam room the general manager leisure facilities standard room lovely hotel car park tram stop evening meal short break buffet style family room enjoyable stay north pier night break stayed for one night
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I visited The Imperial Hotel Blackpool,with three friends last week for afternoon tea,and enjoyed it very much.
The afternoon tea itself was excellent(and very filling),and the service we received from Rebecca was wonderful.Nothing was too much trouble for her and she was very attentive,without being intrusive.
I shall definitely be visi5ing again soon.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

This famous hotel is situated at the northern end of the promenade, looking out over the Irish Sea. I have known of it since my childhood, so jumped at the chance to stay during a recent visit to Blackpool. This is a very large Victorian building and still retains lots of original features, ornate and large ballrooms, wide corridors, miles of (good quality) highly patterned carpets. Old-fashioned, but charming - starched white sheets on the beds. However our bathroom was tired, only 1 piece of soap, paint peeling from the ceiling and the door jammed, once closed it would only re-open with the assistance of another person pushing! Breakfast was buffet-style and had plenty of choices on offer. The staff were friendly and helpful and everywhere was clean, no dust in dark corners, so compliments to housekeeping. There is parking in the hotel grounds for £6 per night, which is useful. It is a short, level walk to the Central Pier and the Golden Mile.
There is something pleasing about the bustle of a large hotel and the Imperial is busy. We paid £135 for bed and breakfast in a twin room, plus £6 to park the car. I would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jeannine20657
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Thanks Jeannie for the balanced review of your stay, I appreciate all that you say. I agree the Imperial is so wonderful when its bustling! She needs lots and lots of people to really shine! I'm glad you had a lovely time and I hope we brought more toiletries to you when you mentioned this. I'll make sure Karen gets to see your comments about housekeeping. Hope to see you again, best wishes, Alison

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We stayed here for two nights last weekend. The hotel certainly has charm and character, although could be doing with a wee 'freshening up'. We stayed in a family room which had a sea view and was big (sofa, chairs, dressing area, large beds) and it was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was very good with fresh food being brought out to the buffet constantly. Waiting staff were very helpful. We didn't make use of the leisure facilities, but hope to return and will certainly use them on our next visit. We weren't leaving until late afternoon and reception staff said that we could leave the car in the car park. All in all, a very enjoyable experience at the Imperial Hotel - we'll definitely be back!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank PollyWolly7

Thanks Pollywolly, for the lovely review, its so kind of you to take the time to post your comments. Glad you had a fab time and look forward to seeing you all again! Best wishes, Alison

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Just enjoyed a lovely two night break at this wonderful hotel. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel very welcome. The staff are always very polite and helpful. There are several different types of rooms so upgrade if you want to overlook the front. Our room was lovely and warm, very clean and we could not fault it.
Breakfast was delicious with fruit juices, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, danish pastries, full english breakfast and porridge. You can also order from the menu.
We didn't have an evening meal on this occasion as we had arranged to go out but have eaten there previously and can definitely recommend the food. The dining room is large and opulent with a relaxed atmosphere during the week.
In the basement there is a gym and a lovely swimming pool. Also a steam room and wonderfully hot jacuzzi. Towels are provided and the staff are very friendly.
We are regular visitors to this hotel and are returning next month.
The hotel is situated near the North Pier so is away from the madding crowds. There is a tram stop directly across the road or a freephone taxi is available at reception.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and would not stop anywhere else in Blackpool.

Room tip: If you want a sea view then you would need to upgrade.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thanks so much Sp1der for your lovely review, I was away for a few days last week so missed you completely! Look forward to seeing you both in May, best wishes Alison

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful hotel. We were greeted by Gemma who did a fantastic job of welcoming myself, my Dad and Mum to the hotel. She mentioned all the places of interest to us in the hotel and the history which of course includes the many famous people that have stayed at The Imperial. More recent times Kate Moss and from the past Errol Flynn (silver screen star), The Queen Mother, the list goes on...
Breakfast is wonderful, buffet style and caters for all tastes, evening meals a first class choice. Our rooms had lovely decor, comfy beds.
Gemma even went to the trouble of arranging a little complimentary gift of Fudge for my Dad’s birthday which he found in his room during his stay.
All these little touches bring a magic to a memorable stay at The Imperial.
If you want to stay in Blackpool and experience what all hotels should be like then stay at The Imperial. Old world charm at its very best.
Forgot to mention the wonderful Scottish cleaning lady and the perfect waiters to came to the table. Fantastic !

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks so much Dawn for the lovely review you've posted. I'm so pleased you Dad had such a special time and that you all got to hear about this gorgeous old girl and her many friends over the years! I'll make sure Gemma gets to see your wonderful comments. I'm sorry I didn't meet you all personally but hope to do so in the future, thanks for making our day! with very best wishes, Alison