“Very outdated”

Summerville Guest House
Ranked #743 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

I stayed with my wife for a night which was just as well really ....the room was tiny and the decor was the most Un matched in every way ...the ceiling was painted red ....dark red ..the walls were wallpapered in very old pastel colours which had a faded effect which were over coated in varnish.So lying on a very old spring mattress staring at a red ceiling all night was very discomforting thinking I may give Alex Polizzi a ring (THE HOTEL INSPECTOR)...Dave the proprietor is really nice though I must say and helpful .The whole of the hotel was very dusty and needs a good clean

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaseDace

Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

This place is cheap, but you get what you pay for. I wouldn't stay again. The gentleman was helpful and friendly but it was very dated and and needs updating. The headboard was fabric and stained but the bedding was clean. It had a bizarre mix of furniture in the room including a full size outdoor dustbin. One major problem that I encountered was mouldy bread at breakfast.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarahmoo83
Reviewed 2 April 2015

dont even bother looking at this place.Absolutely filthy and deco still stuck in the arc ages.. Would rather of slept on a park bench .. Must be used to people checking out early never even asked us why we checked out a day earlier.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2014

Stayed at Summerville on numerous occasions and it is clean and tidy Dave and Avril always welcome you and are excellent hosts would recommend this to everyone, stayed again last night really good Phil & Betty

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2014

I do not know where to begin with my stay here, they say you get what you paid for. It cost us £200 for two rooms for two nights. First night my nephew dropped a cup of water on the floor by the time I cleaned it up the towel was black off the carpet it was very dirty. There was one toilet & one wash room shared between 5 rooms. I had the front door slammed in my face by the man, when I asked why, he replied with because of the drunks, bearing in mind I was on my way out the door at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon & I had only paused to read the pleasure beach poster on my way out. I was told on over 5 occassions to keep the front door shut when i was simply just goin out of it. Breakfast was served at 9am. Everybody I was with had gone down for breakfast I was just finishing getting dressed & I was told I was lucky to get my breasfast as it was 9.10am later that day the man asked me would I mind making better arrangments tomorrow morning for my breakfast because its states on the wall that breakfast is served at 9am. The room was stated as a double room, we got a 3 quarter bed and a chair. There was no room & we could not get dressed at the same time it was that small. The bed was very uncomfortable. Neither the man or his wife was friendly or welcoming, the decor was from the 60's and it was filthy. Value for money! @ £50 a night I could of got a travel lodge. Ive stayed in a lot of B&B's in Blackpool over the years & this is the first time ive left bad feed back. I understand you take the rough with the smooth but they should not be advertised as a good stay. Worst stay ever.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family