All reviews coral island a large car park served quickly weekend break toast enjoyed our stay stayed nights location is great minute walk guest house pat tower cereal tv tidy kettle pier
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Our group of 3 couples stayed here over the bank holiday weekend.
Our rooms were clean and comfy.
The location of this B & B was perfect for us for shopping in the day and bars and clubs in the evening.
There is also a little convenience shop that is next door that is open longer than the bars!!!!
What made our stay so perfect was the staff on at breakfast, the young man who waited on our table is the best waiter I have ever known. He went above and beyond his "duty", so polite and courtious. He is a great asset to this B & B and our whole group commented on how fantastic his manar was.
We will certainly choose to stay here on our next visit to Blackpool.

Date of stay: August 2014
2  Thank EmmaL4170
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is my home from home when visiting Blackpool (8th time in October). The owners, Pat and Kevin, are truly lovely people. They are there to offer help when needed and will cater to any speciality needs. I have read some unfortunate reviews on this hotel and it is such a shame. Most people nowadays want the Champagne lifestyles on lemonade wages. This is a B&B and offer much more than their modest prices. The breakfasts are filling, the evening meals (if you opt in for them) are a homely 3 course meal and the rooms are what you would expect for a B&B. The towels and bed linen are whiter than white, the coffee and tea making facilities in the rooms are an added bonus. The beds are comfortable and the décor is clean. I would highly recommend this place if you are planning a stay in Blackpool as you will not be disappointed with what is on offer plus it is only 5 minutes from the tower and seafront. Please if you have a chance book into this B&B, you will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank LaydeeBumfluff
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Won a 2 night stay here using a Wowcher voucher I won on ebay. The staff were very helpful when I phoned to check availability and they even rung back when I got no answer and I`d put the phone down. I emailed them a copy of the voucher and this was good enough to confirm my booking. The room had everything you needed whilst staying here even though I did feel a bit hemmed in in the small room. The room was dated and tired and could do with updating.In the room there was tea making facilities and a en-suite shower and a tv.
Below is listed the good and bad points -
The good points were - its location which was handy for the beach (not that it was beach weather), places to eat and the amusements. There was also 2 clean white towels, tea making facilities and the breakfast which was of good standard and plentiful.
The not so good points were - shower had hardly any water pressure, the mugs supplied were dirty, kettle had water in it still from previous guests, and the fire alarm going off at 12.30pm and continuing for another half hour randomly which a apology from the owner at breakfast wouldn`t have gone a miss.
Overall the B&B in my opinion was ok for my 2 night stay but I wouldn`t want to spend a week here.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

saw some differing reports on here but when we arrived we were met by a smashing young lady who was really helpful left the cases as we were quite early on returning we were taken to a nice room
tv , coffee making , shower , nice and clean what more could we ask for
breakfast next morning was really nice parking was a bit difficult but I had a blue badge so I was able to leave the car on the street over night from 6 pm till 8 am but then had to find somewhere in the day time .
I think the place is supper , all id ask for would be a hand rail near the front door to help less able people to get in easier but that apart perfect place

Room tip: if you are less able ask about a room on a lower floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank STEVE H
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We came here as part of a Groupon deal. The location is very good, close to the attractions, nightlife, not too noisy for saying close to the town.
On arrival we were politely greeted. was given a family room, so for the two of us was fairly spacious.
Unfortunately there was no car park so had to park over the road for an extra £12 for 2 nights,however could unload your things outside the B&B.
The rooms were basic but good enough for a couple of nights - tv was quite small but was ok for two nights and its not what im used to these days. i loved the fact the shower was a double shower with hot water at all times, the downside to it was that the pressure wasn't great. couldn't open the bathroom window. didn't check the others as it wasn't the warmest time of the year.
The beds were clean and very comfortable. rooms were warm. was given 2 sets of keys.
As part of our deal we were entitled to a free drink on arrival - I was pleased i could have a drink of my choice rather than the naff champagne that you usually get offered.
The bar area was relaxing and quiet with a pool table and darts board.
The breakfast was between 9-9.30 which suited me. staff were polite and friendly with an efficient waitress service.
Also on the day of leaving we were able to leave our belongings which helped us out alot- so we could enjoy the final day.
I would consider coming back if it was at a competitive price.
Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple