“MISTAKEN HOTEL”
Review of Cosy Nook

Cosy Nook
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cosy Nook
Ranked #708 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2015

Re the previous poster Catherine, I can only assume she must be a little mixed up as my wife and family stayed for a week from the 1st Aug and we were the only guests in! As usual,we were well looked after,clean rooms,superb breakfast served by Sharon. I have never seen any staff there apart from her son who used to help her out about 3 years ago. I agree no tv's in the room anymore which is a shame, but as Sharon told us,they became to costly to replace when unruly guests came to stay. As for WIFI,our son was never off his laptop when we were there!Ah well,I feel sorry fro Catherine and her family who seem to have had such a torrid time at their hotel,but it certainly wasn't the Cosy Nook..

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank DONALD E

Reviewed 3 August 2015

Stayed 3rd August 2015.

This place really is the pits, please avoid at all costs, it is an extremely cold building with single glazed windows, Sharon the landlady (if you can call her a lady after listening to her foul language) does not appear to have the heating on at all and there is very limited amount of hot water.

The room we were in was very cramped for a family room, no tea making facilities (kettle) with furniture that looks very outdated and well used, the room was grubby and dirty, with specks of mould on the window frames. The carpets are sticky like being in a night club that's had beer spilt all over them, you would not let your children crawl on them. No TVs in room and no WIFI. This building is not buggy friendly in the slightest and parking is an absolute nightmare, closest parking facilities is a 10 minute walk, but quite reasonably priced!!

Whilst we were staying , there was a visit from environmenntal health who had come to deal with an infestation of rats at the rear of the property, not what we had hoped to see on our short break.

We only ate breakfast at the cosy nook and that was a disappointment in it self. We felt that the food was of very poor quality cheap budget brand food, our son did not fancy a full breakfast so chose a yogurt out of the basket which turned out to be out of date by 3 weeks. Prisoners get better service than this!!!!

We got the impression that Sharon permanently rents a couple of rooms to a few unsavioury locals on housing benefits to subsidise the hotel, although these we not at breakfast there was a stong smell of smoke and I don't think it was cigarettes they were smoking!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately that's not the worst part, let me tell you about Sharon. She is very unwelcoming and anything you ask of her is always to much trouble, she makes you feel very uneasy, her language is awful, we heard swearing at a member of staff behind closed doors, I don't think she knew we were so close, but even so!!!!!!

Please please at all cost avoid this place, there are many of nice B and B s in Blackpool but this is deffintly not one, I'd rather have slept under the pier that at the Cosy Nook.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Catherine H
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Been to the Cosy Nook on three occassions now.
taken my Grad Children
me and my Husband

On all Occasions Sharon has made us feel very welcome .
I also noticed that she made other guests welcome .
Very sociable and made some good freinds there

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Sharon is such a welcoming person and full of fun, met great people there and certainly will return
Took my family and also had an 19mnth old grandson with me who Sharon catered for
Such a welcoming place to stay

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 24 September 2012

when we booked the b&b we told sharon that we would be bringing a small baby with us but upon arrival our room was on top floor (room 9) so i had to keep the pram in the car, the room smelt of smoke and we were informed that the central heating wasnt working. We also struggled to fit the cot into the room. the bins in the room werent emptied for 3 days even though they had dirty nappies in them and there was a latex glove under the bed! one of the walls had blue felt tip pen on it and another wall had a hole in it. i definately would not recommend this b&b to anyone else and dont undersand how people can say its clean!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family