“3-Day Mountain Skills Course”

Mountain Adventure Lake District
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mountain Adventure Lake District provides outdoor activities such as rock climbing and the ever popular ghyll scrambling ! as well as high level international expeditions to Morocco and Nepal . Throughout the Lake District we run Mountain skill courses helping people to learn the skills to go out in to the mountains and explore the beautiful UK country side. Also during the summer we help to provide support, planning and logistics for national charity challenge events such as the National 3 peaks, Helping people to raise awareness and much needed funds for there chosen charity .
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

What an experience. Walking around the Langdales and Old Man of Coniston was incredible and Jacko was a brilliant guide who taught me everything I needed to know. The introduction to scrambling up Tarn Crag and Jack's Rake was brilliant and I can't wait to go on to Helvellyn and other big walks and climbs around the Lakes or maybe somewhere across the UK. Thank you Mountain Adventure, my highest recommendation

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"quarry"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Fantastic experience! There were five of us booked on for an afternoon of abseiling. The instructor was very friendly, welcoming and encouraging. One of our friend is mortally afraid of heights but decided on having another go after her first turn! This wouldn't have been possible if the instructor wasn't was good as he was!!

We were also blessed by the presence of a choir singing in the Cathedral Cavern at the time of our session (which I was told is very rare!) and the grand background music elevated an already fantastic afternoon to greater heights (pun intended!)

Highly recommended, and I would definitely would look to do something more with them when I return to the Lakes.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

I completed all three of Jack's Night Navigation training sessions held in Dec, Jan & Feb 17/18 in the Langdales (Lake District). Jack is a really experienced all round mountaineer but more importantly, he is a fantastic instructor; very laid back, very knowledgeable and very good at imparting that knowledge and experience. I would strongly recommend him for anyone wanting a great adventure in the mountains.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Id like to thank Jack for the most amazing morning of bouldering and rock climbing. My boys aged 6 and 8 loved very min of it.... I even got to have a climb after a morning of beylaying... I've enjoyed it so much I'm planning on doing another class with Jack in the summer.

Jack is an awesome animated fun and inspiring teacher bringing the best out in everyone.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 February 2018

My husband and I had a real rock climbing experience with Mountain Adventure, I couldn't recommend Jack and his company strongly enough. What a day!! We had both climbed a little in an indoor wall but fancied something different and a bit more challenging, Mountain Adventure delivered this in a safe and comfortable way, amercing us in the wildness that the Lakes has to offer. We cant wait to book in again!

jack1319, Owner at Mountain Adventure Lake District, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thanks so much for your lovely review. I look forward to seeing you again in the summer