2,120 results
All reviews blue smoke leisure club lake view leisure facilities busy road building work the outdoor hot tub main restaurant lake district lovely hotel steam room restaurant staff wedding venue high standard two night stay from start to finish lots of choice
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

I arrived with a group to find a room had not been booked for me and the hotel was fully booked the staff were so helpful although it was not there fault as far as I’m concerned the staff when above and beyond to help suppling me with pillow blanket and the offer of hot drink and breakfast if they are like this for someone who isn’t staying at the hotel I can imagine how they are with people that are I’m so impressed and I will use this hotel for personal use when I’m in the are thank you to the staff

Trip type: Travelled on business
NevilJeffery, General Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

So pleased to learn the team treated you with such care and sincere hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back for business or pleasure and thank you for posting your satisfaction for other TA community members to read.

Reviewed 18 October 2018

We cannot fault the place. It has an iconic location and the attention to detail in the place is excellent. The staff are friendly and attentive and hard working to make the stay pleasant and relaxing. The food is of a really high standard and we would recommend staying for dinner too. Its a fair price and a great all round experience.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you, firstly for the rewarding review and secondly becoming a regular visitor to Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa. As a team we look forward to welcoming you back again soon or during 2019.

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

We visited for two nights for my husbands birthday after a recommendation from a friend. The room was lovely, very large comfortable bed and a balcony overlooking the lake (plus balloon chocolates and a card in the room which was a a nice surprise). I am a light sleeper but was not disturbed by road noise at all. We made use of the pool sauna etc and had a treat in the new spa area which is very nicely done and the staff were all helpful in suggesting what treatments to have and making us feel at ease.

We ate in both restaurants and enjoyed our meals and found all staff and the service great. I probably enjoyed my meal in the Windermere restaurant more but that may have just been the choices I made.

Breakfast is buffet style although there is some dishes which can be ordered. The choice was good and what we had was lovely. Saturday morning was very busy but staff seemed to be coping well and keeping things restocked.

No complaints at all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your husband and i hope he shared the chocolates with you. Sounds like you stayed within one of our Hazel Lake views over the new Spa complex with private balcony. Yes our new thermal spa is a great addition and I agree the team work hard to ensure guest receive tailored treatments. Pleased to learn you dined in both restaurants and the Windermere team will be proud to learn you preferred their offer. We hope to welcome you back soon, or indeed others you recommend us too.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited Low Wood Bay for our first anniversary. The staff were friendly and welcoming, making us feel special for our entire stay.

We ate at both the Windermere Restaurant and Blue Smoke, which were excellent.

The hotel is in a great location, easy to get to, with numerous walks nearby.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
Thank you for a rewarding review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

We were a little apprehensive after reading mixed reviews but were pleasantly surprised. The building work did not effect us. Excellent customer service throughout from reception to the breakfast staff. Breakfast delicious and lots of choice. The spa is gorgeous and Tony was excellent to ensure we had a good experience with the new facilities.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

So pleased we exceeded your initial reservations and you enjoyed all ellements of your stay.