US$187
US$118
US$152
US$122
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

YHA Windermere(Windermere)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$78
US$56
  • Restaurant
The Windermere Hotel(Windermere)(Great Value!)
US$105
Official Site
Hillthwaite(Windermere)
US$380
US$344
All reviewstasting menuhot tubdry iceren toiletriespre dessertmichelin starmatching winesafternoon teanespresso machinepetit foursjunior suitespecial occasiontrufflestunning viewshead chefnew cheflake district
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Our 1st visit to the lakes as a couple started at The Samling and it couldn't have been any better. We stayed in the Dove's Nest slightly up the hill from the hotel. Caroline walks with two sticks and has trouble with steps and slopes, once the staff realised this they went out of their way to make things easier. This included allowing her access to the restaurant via the kitchen (special thanks to Nick for this) and bringing a table and two chairs up from outside the hotel so we had our own patio set outside.
The food was excellent I had veal, halibut and rhubarb on the 1st night then scallops, pork and chocloate & cherry on the second. All the food was exceptional and the combination of different ingredients refreshing. The Michelin star is well deserved, 97% both nights very consistent.

Alistair our waiter over the two nights noticed on the 1st night that I was left handed and altered the cutlery accordingly when I sat down on the 2nd. This has never happened anywhere else, I have even had other waiters rearrange the cutlery back when I have changed it. This exemplifies the level of service.
He also knew people at various places we were going to visit further North on this trip and started a trend of us going from place to place saying hello to Chefs, which was quite entertaining.
The hotel is having a new kitchen installed which will surely make things easier for Nick & the team, we will definitely revisit.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

I was amazed by this place as soon as I walked in our room. Lovely family room with a little living room and the bedroom up the stairs in a loft area. Window is the best part of room with an amazing view of the lake. Amenities in the room are exquisite and the service extremely caring and dedicated. Food is to die for - a Mitchelin star restaurant that really deserve the award. Really really highly highly recommend this place!!!! You won't regret. Get ready for a memorable time out in Windermere.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Canyc09
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

We chose The Samling Hotel for 1 night of our honeymoon, it was a very special experience. We stayed in The Manmire suite which was beautiful and very romantic with a nice big bath tub and lovely upstairs bedroom space. The hot tub is also a stone throw away which is an added bonus. The food is sublime, I had matching wines with the taster menu which as a wine lover was amazing, you won't be disappointed. The staff were very attentive, the service is excellent. Could not ask for more, thank you for a special experience we will never forget.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucy s
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Lovely accommodation. All staff very friendly and very well focused and able to nurture visitors in a relaxed manner.
The restaurant food was very interesting and we enjoyed everything. I must also say that the breakfast was superb. I had full English and the quality of the basic ingredients and the cooking was perfect. My husband had haddock and this again was exceptionally good.
The garden setting was lovely with fantastic view of the lake.
I cannot think of any negative aspects. I look forward to another visit.
My heartfelt congratulations to the whole team.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine B
Reviewed 30 July 2016

I was treated to lunch for my birthday and what a treat! Superb location, interior and service. The food - wow - absolutely the best food ever. Truly delicious and well thought out, spoilt for choice with the menu. A culinery delight and visual treat!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends